logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EverythingNowShow  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2024 3:54:19 PM(UTC)
EverythingNowShow

Groups: Registered
United States

I want SFX to play when a specific Input is overlayed, and when that same Input is un-overlayed. (It's a "wooshing" SFX that coincides with the overlay animation)

I have triggers on the Input set to Play the SFX upon "OnOverlayIn" and "OnOverlayOut" for the Input, and it works great for "OnOverlayIn". The problem is that the SFX does not play "OnOverlayOut" until the the overlay has been completely removed from the screen- so the SFX is not sychronized with the OverlayOut animation.

Is there a way to make it so that the SFX triggers when the OverlayOut animation begins, rather than when it ends?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2024 7:47:45 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EverythingNowShow Go to Quoted Post
I want SFX to play when a specific Input is overlayed, and when that same Input is un-overlayed. (It's a "wooshing" SFX that coincides with the overlay animation)

I have triggers on the Input set to Play the SFX upon "OnOverlayIn" and "OnOverlayOut" for the Input, and it works great for "OnOverlayIn". The problem is that the SFX does not play "OnOverlayOut" until the the overlay has been completely removed from the screen- so the SFX is not sychronized with the OverlayOut animation.

Is there a way to make it so that the SFX triggers when the OverlayOut animation begins, rather than when it ends?

Try with the use of a "stinger" overlay with an imagesequence for the animation and incorporate the sound within it
https://www.vmix.com/hel...x.htm?ImageSequence.html

on the other hand how do you activate the overlay ? shortcuts? as then you could play the audio first before starting the overlayout maybe
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
EverythingNowShow on 1/19/2024(UTC)
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2024 8:46:58 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ EverythingNowShow

I would create Shortcuts (either Cloned or Advanced):
- one to "Play" the Audio file SFX
- one to "OverlayXOut" (where X is the number of the Overlay channel being used)

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
EverythingNowShow  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2024 2:34:54 AM(UTC)
EverythingNowShow

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Try with the use of a "stinger" overlay with an imagesequence for the animation and incorporate the sound within it
https://www.vmix.com/hel...x.htm?ImageSequence.html

on the other hand how do you activate the overlay ? shortcuts? as then you could play the audio first before starting the overlayout maybe

I'm not totally sure I totally understand the Image Sequence method, but I don't think it would work in my case, because the Input I want to overlay is not simply a static image (e.g. a PNG or JPG)- it's an Input with Multiview layers that need to be changable to display different information.

As for activating the Overlay- yes I do use a Streamdeck Shortcut. This workaround is viable, the only annoying thing is that I would need two separate buttons (one for "OverlayIn" and another for "OverlayOut"), because the SFX is different on the "In" overlay animation than the "Out" animation.

Not the end of the world- but I a variety of Inputs I want to overlay in this way, and this would basically double the amount of Streamdeck Buttons required.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2024 3:16:27 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

As for activating the Overlay- yes I do use a Streamdeck Shortcut. This workaround is viable, the only annoying thing is that I would need two separate buttons (one for "OverlayIn" and another for "OverlayOut"), because the SFX is different on the "In" overlay animation than the "Out" animation.

Kind of hard to give solutions when the criteria keep changing or are added as suggestions are presented ;-) ( SFX is different on the "In" overlay animation than the "Out" animation. comming from an overlay with an in/out animation with sound , to has to be a multiview with changeable information etc....) btw why multiview , what changable information ?

in this case i probably would look into a one button to trigger (toggle) in/out the animation and SFX but letting it call a script that uses a variabl indicate its current status to decide which action to perform ( in or out)
EverythingNowShow  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2024 3:58:50 AM(UTC)
EverythingNowShow

United States

Kind of hard to give solutions when the criteria keep changing or are added as suggestions are presented ;-) ( SFX is different on the "In" overlay animation than the "Out" animation. comming from an overlay with an in/out animation with sound , to has to be a multiview with changeable information etc....) btw why multiview , what changable information ?

in this case i probably would look into a one button to trigger (toggle) in/out the animation and SFX but letting it call a script that uses a variabl indicate its current status to decide which action to perform ( in or out)

The graphic being overlayed is a multiview input to display interchangable "Viewer-Submitted Images". The input is comprised of a "background layer" (a graphic that frames the "viewer-submitted image" and includes other generic information) and a "viewer-submitted image" (PNGs or JPGs that are submitted by livestream viewers) which is layered on top of it. The "viewer-submitted Image" is interchangable, as multiple "viewer-submitted images" are displayed throughout the broadcast.

I am not particularly well-versed with scripting, but I will look into that. Thanks.
doggy  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2024 5:08:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

The graphic being overlayed is a multiview input to display interchangable "Viewer-Submitted Images". The input is comprised of a "background layer" (a graphic that frames the "viewer-submitted image" and includes other generic information) and a "viewer-submitted image" (PNGs or JPGs that are submitted by livestream viewers) which is layered on top of it. The "viewer-submitted Image" is interchangable, as multiple "viewer-submitted images" are displayed throughout the broadcast.

I am not particularly well-versed with scripting, but I will look into that. Thanks.

Title have interchangable images and text , not a multiview (Titles have layers).Might want to have a look at using a titles with datasources too
dmwkr  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2024 5:34:54 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)

Taking a look at the Scripting for Dummies post is always a good idea, but for your case there is already an example, that would need just a bit of tweaking:

https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post71167
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.