logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Niraj Gurung  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 8:25:33 AM(UTC)
Niraj Gurung

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi all
I am a very new user to Vmix and about to live stream a auction with three Different sony mirror less camera for the first time. My Pc has 4 HDMI inputs.

So my question is do I need a capture card to stream or can I directly plug in HDMI on my PC's input. And if I need a capture card I see most of them are single input only so do I need to buy 3 capture card or three are any capture card that has 3 input.

Also while streaming do I need to have my SD card on camera or not?

Any other suggestion for first time streamer is highly appreciated.
Thank You all for your valuable Time.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 8:38:50 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Niraj Gurung Go to Quoted Post
Hi all
I am a very new user to Vmix and about to live stream a auction with three Different sony mirror less camera for the first time. My Pc has 4 HDMI inputs.

So my question is do I need a capture card to stream or can I directly plug in HDMI on my PC's input. And if I need a capture card I see most of them are single input only so do I need to buy 3 capture card or three are any capture card that has 3 input.

Hello. If your pc allready has 4 hdmi inputs you dont need any other capture card,if you not have you need. What is your capture card-hdmi inputs you have now? There are hdmi capture cards with 4 inputs in the market.
The most important thing that you must see also is about cameras is if they are able to be active and send signal from their hdmi port all the time without going into stand-by (that will drop hdmi output) after a amount of time. My experience with mirrorless cameras not good for continous streaming. Either they close after 30-40 minutes of use (basically standby and send hdmi signal) or if we have sd card and capture (to avoid close after 30 minutes) they stop to send hdmi signal over their port,so no use for streaming or they dont have a way to send 100% clean hdmi signal and in the hdmi out you see the controls that you have in the internal display
You must see if your cameras are able to send clean hdmi signal for all time in order to not to have suprise after
Niraj Gurung  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 8:47:35 AM(UTC)
Niraj Gurung

Australia

Thank You Nikosman88 for your valuable information. Its my first time streaming so I do not have any other options on cameras. Is there anything else that i need to look out for.
kross  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 1:14:50 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Are you sure the 4 HDMI plugs on your computer are inputs? Are you sure they aren't outputs from your graphics card? Your graphics card cannot be used to capture video from a camera. You need a separate capture card.
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2024 7:51:40 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Nuraj Gurung

Ice
ckvideo  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2024 8:09:24 AM(UTC)
ckvideo

Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Niraj Gurung Go to Quoted Post
Hi all

Within the EU there used to be an issue, where photo cameras which could also output video would stop output after 30 minutes. The reason were different import customs rates for video and photo cameras. Things have adapted since and this should not be an issue for DSLRs imported after 01/2021. Maybe older modells can fix this with a firmware update. However, some photo cams run hot and shut down after a while when used for video. You do not need the SD card while streaming, the signal goes directly out of the camera on the HDMI.

As nikosman said - make shure you have indeed a HDMI capture card and you are not taking the graphics card with 4 HDMI outputs as an input.

Good luck!