logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
macjaeger  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 6:15:22 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Sorry, vMixScheduler won't be developed any further - at least not by me, i can't afford the time. Anyone interested can have the source code to build upon it ;-)

It was fun writing vMixScheduler, but my company decided to go a "hardware only" way...

Oh but bytheway: though in alpha state (meaning "i won't promise anything") i know at least of one web-tv station that is running vMixScheduler, and from the request i get i am quite confident there are more.
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 3:14:54 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
i use it to run my 24hrs playlist...

its not perfect but its better than nothing..

It will be so great if @Martin can look into taking it over.. Mike the VB developer is doing similar for his programme... Since vMix is far ahead of vB and most TV station would love using it on their daily productions... I feel its time for @Martin to add it and take vMix to another level within the broadcasting world.

thanks 1 user thanked Damn2Good4U for this useful post.
dagarrison on 2/15/2015(UTC)
dagarrison  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 2:54:11 AM(UTC)
dagarrison

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just started testing the scheduler for my companies station and it is a great and powerful tool even in alpha. I have experience with major broadcast play out systems and this scheduler is very much on the same scale as them.

I wish I knew the language used I would take a crack at it.

Some features that would have been great is Categories, Media Log ID and Play out logging in .csv format for Affidavits those additions alone would move it more commercial ready as well.

I 100% understand coding time. We have proprietary production logging software that I sit aside 1-2 weeks a year to adjust bugs and add features.

Now one thing I've discovered was to create a batch file in my start up so when I reboot my system it will load vMix first and then launch the scheduler and this test started this week.
Damn2Good4U  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:54:17 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
dagarrison wrote:
I just started testing the scheduler for my companies station and it is a great and powerful tool even in alpha. I have experience with major broadcast play out systems and this scheduler is very much on the same scale as them.

I wish I knew the language used I would take a crack at it.

Some features that would have been great is Categories, Media Log ID and Play out logging in .csv format for Affidavits those additions alone would move it more commercial ready as well.

I 100% understand coding time. We have proprietary production logging software that I sit aside 1-2 weeks a year to adjust bugs and add features.

Now one thing I've discovered was to create a batch file in my start up so when I reboot my system it will load vMix first and then launch the scheduler and this test started this week.

Hi,

You can find the source code from this link here http://www.weir3d.de/fil...xScheduler/source_06.zip

I hope you will make it available for us none programmers...
Beloved  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:38:49 AM(UTC)
Beloved

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Damn2Good4U wrote:
i use it to run my 24hrs playlist...

its not perfect but its better than nothing..

It will be so great if @Martin can look into taking it over.. Mike the VB developer is doing similar for his programme... Since vMix is far ahead of vB and most TV station would love using it on their daily productions... I feel its time for @Martin to add it and take vMix to another level within the broadcasting world.

I'll be checking this out also! I've been using the video list feature in vMix 14 but have found it difficult to update and manage. I'd love to see this added in or as a commercial addition to vMix. A web tv player, i.e. the list function/vMixScheduler, are the main reasons I decided to use and fall in love with vMix. It appeared that the vMix community at that time was moving towards the things I wanted so I jumped it. Shortly there after it became apparent the Alpha release was all there was going to be, so I never tried it due to my experience with Alpha version software. LOL I'll be taking the plundge now, I hope Martin will consider it too!

Thanks to the developer and his willingness to freely share this wondrous work!

Beloved