logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdurhamjr  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 8:19:36 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I have a problem with recording audio on my travel rig. Here is the setup:

Laptop with 2 Magewell USB (HDMI) inputs
USB Sound Input (mixer and commentator mics)
Multimonitor setup (extended displays). HDMI output is what is being used for recording to Hyperdeck Shuttle.
MultiScreen "On" and set to "Output".

When I use my PC setup, I actually use the "External Setup" to send out the vMix "output" thru open channel on Decklink Quad. I then record that output on the Hyperdeck Shuttle. Works wonderful and no issues.

When I am using my laptop setup AND I use an Audio Input source, there is NO sound that gets recorded to the Hyperdeck Shuttle. However, if I do not have an Audio Input setup, and just use the audio from the camera, then the audio is recorded to the HShuttle just fine.

I have a Lilliput hooked up to the H.Shuttle (HDMI out) as a "monitor" for the Shuttle and I can hear sound on it, even though no sound is being recorded on the H.Shuttle when I have an "Audio Input" source added in vMix.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

I thought about feeding my sound from the Mixer into my main camera, then let that sound be the main sound for vMix. The streaming audience would have sound and I would be able to record the sound using the "MultiScreen".

Let me know if anyone needs more info.

Tim
tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 11:21:34 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
After doing alot of testing I have determined that if my mixer is plugged into the laptop USB port, it will NOT output sound thru the HDMI ouput (2nd Monitor used for recording vMix output). If I bring in sound thru the Line-In jack instead of USB, then it will send sound thru the HDMI output which will then get recorded.

Now that the sound issue is figured out, I am having a problem with the video lagging behind the audio more and more as time goes by. After only 3 minutes of recording, the audio was almost a full 2 seconds ahead of the video. They started out in sync, but got further and further apart the longer I recorded. I will make another post to see if anyone can help with this.