logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TL68  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 12:48:00 AM(UTC)
TL68

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!
While building a setup in vMix 4K 26.0.0.45 I get this strange problem:
I have a couple of titles that gets texts and image paths from a Google Sheets whick is connected through the Data Source Manager. The connection seems ok and the table in Data Source Manager updates as it should when text in the sheet is changed.
The problem is that on almost every update in the sheets doc/data source all the titles that uses that source goes blank.
Right clicking on the title and choose reloads makes the title work again with the updated text or image showing as it should
Restarting vMix also brings back the titles.
But this gets us into trouble if there is an update during a broadcast and the titles goes blank. During production there little time too find titles and right click on them, less so rebooting everything. Not having a shortcut for reloading makes things even worse.

I have tried fiddling with the different settings for update etc in the Data Sources Manager but nothing helps.
I have also created a new Google API key but to no avail.

Hope someone has any input on this that can help me sort this out. Updating titles through a Sheets doc is crucial for this setup.
Thanks in advance for any help!
kross  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 12:14:29 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Interesting. I used to have that exact same problem, but with local text files and not Google Sheets. So I don't think it's related to Google Sheets.

I didn't do anything in particular to fix it. I've upgraded my computer to a faster computer, and of course I've kept up to date with the latest version of vMix. There came a day when it was no longer an issue. I figured they fixed it in a recent vMix update. But you seem to indicate this is not the case. Maybe my upgrading to a faster computer was what did the trick (internal race condition possibly). This actually has me a bit concerned that the problem might come back some day.

-- Kevin
mavik  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 7:34:36 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
In the data source you can set a refresh timer.
I use a csv that I change during the show. The refresh timer is set to 1000 (1sec) and once i save it, it takes the changes directly in the title.
T68  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 7:52:45 PM(UTC)
T68

Sweden

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
In the data source you can set a refresh timer.
I use a csv that I change during the show. The refresh timer is set to 1000 (1sec) and once i save it, it takes the changes directly in the title.

Problem is not refresh interval. Problem is often when the data is refreshed the title goes blank.
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 8:56:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4160 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
I would suggest contacting vMix support and sending a support report when prompted on our contact page:

https://www.vmix.com/contact-us.aspx

There is some indications that overloading the GPU on Windows 11 laptops may cause this behaviour (such as trying to render a complex or 4K title on a mid range GPU)
but we will need a support report from other cases in order to assess further.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
kross  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2023 7:09:00 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

It's interesting that you mention GPU overload. I wasn't getting any warnings in vMix about GPU overloading, but when I was having the problems, the computer had a very weak GPU. My upgraded computer has a much more powerful GPU (and CPU) and haven't had any more problems with GT titles updating. So maybe it was the GPU. However, this was Windows 10, not Windows 11.
TL68  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 5:07:39 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Follow up: by advice from vMix Support I updated to the latest 27 beta and that seems to have solved the problem :-) No more blank titles when I update the Sheets data.
kross  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 6:04:46 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

That's good to hear. It actually gives me a little piece of mind, since I was worried that the problem might reappear. But it sounds like they actively did something to fix it. Nice!