logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TL68  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2023 10:29:28 PM(UTC)
TL68

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!
In my Vmix setup I just discovered a weird behaviour using the shortcut ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput.

If I press the key associated with this shortcut it plays the last captured playback to finish and then switches back the live camera from preview to output.

But if I during playback of the last replay happen to press the same key/shortcut again the replay starts from the first frame (which is expected) but when the replay event is finsished it does not switch the live camera back from preview to output but insteads shows the last frame of the replay event as a frozen picture. Which is not expected behaviour. Manually switching live to output then works. And then next run of the shortcut works fine (if I don´t double press again which brings back this wierd behaviour).

Edit: same behaviour happens if I double press the play button with the circular arrow in the replay panel, "Auto play Last Replay Event"

Of course this may not be a normal workflow but it is easy to accidentially do a double press and then we get into trouble. And it may actually be a legit workflow if you quickly want to rerun the replay event from start

Does anyone else experience this? Is there any clever way to do workaround to solve this and get the live camera automatically back to pgm if this happen?

Thanks in advance for any input!
furtive  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 6:53:21 AM(UTC)
furtive

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
In my experience, ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput, ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput, ReplayPlayAllEventsToOutput, etc. are non-intuitive and frustrating in terms of behavior at the completion of playback.

Personally, I use the non-'ToOutput' functions, like ReplayPlaySelectedEvent and ReplayPlayAllEvents, because these functions properly work with the "Continue playback after Events have completed" option in Instant Replay settings. And no one likes freezes (or unexpected cuts to previewed inputs) ending up on air 😅
thanks 1 user thanked furtive for this useful post.
TL68 on 1/15/2024(UTC)
furtive  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2024 6:56:15 AM(UTC)
furtive

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
To answer your question about a bailout/workaround for your current workflow:

If you're keeping your setup with the ToOutput functions for Replay playback, then I would recommend you make a button/shortcut key to use something like CutDirect to cut your live input back into output in scenarios like this.
thanks 1 user thanked furtive for this useful post.
TL68 on 1/15/2024(UTC)