logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2023 2:25:44 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Currently, the quadsplit multiview (this multiview not the other multiview) only has choices for 2 inputs, while the top row is locked to program and preview. We would like the ability to assign sources to all 4 quadrants.

Our scenario is we have 3 ptz cameras and sometimes have an operator. In this case we would like to use a quadsplit showing the 3 cameras and 1 for program. Because the quadsplit is locked to preview/program and only allows us to assign the bottom 2 sources, we are forced to manually create a custom multiview using the layers/multiview option, or use the 2 top/8 bottom multiview, which is not as useful for a ptz operator.

m

doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2023 3:48:41 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MarkNF82 Go to Quoted Post
(this multiview not the other multiview)

that's very informative

Quote:

we are forced to manually create a custom multiview using the layers/multiview option

Sorry but what is wrong with that? once created if can be saved and reused
MarkNF82  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2023 4:27:13 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MarkNF82 Go to Quoted Post
(this multiview not the other multiview)

that's very informative

Quote:

we are forced to manually create a custom multiview using the layers/multiview option

Sorry but what is wrong with that? once created if can be saved and reused

Hi doggy,

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. I hope I can answer all your questions and comments.

In reponse to your first comment:
The (this multiview not the other multiview) was poking some fun at the fact that they are still using the same term in two different sections of the program to identify two different features. Also, I should have written "MultiView" and not "multiview", so apologies to everyone for that.

In response to your second comment:
This is the "feature request" section and I am only requesting a feature. Many users request features that others may not find useful, or there are already other ways to accomplish the same thing, as you and I have referenced in our individual posts. If this is not a popular request I'm sure the voting will show that. I am requesting this as I feel it could be very easy to implement and could help the workflow for others as well, giving more use to the quadsplit feature, instead of having to use it as Program/Preview/Input/Input.

I would like to point out as well, there are of course hardware multiviews that offer the same thing, which we may look into so it does not use up vMix resources.

Again, thanks very much for taking your time to share the concerns. I appreciate your input and will make sure any future posts are much clearer.

Happy Holidays
m
MarkNF82  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2023 7:12:13 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Hi Everyone,

Just found another reason why this feature could be useful.

Being able to make an input of the program output is only available in vMix 4K and above, so creating a custom multiview using inputs and the program feed is not possible for all users.

Offering 4 input choices for the quadsplit MultiView would be beneficial to vMix HD and lower. Alternatively there are many hardware multiview options cheaper than the upgrade from HD to 4K+, which may be a better choice, especially in productions where vMix HD is more than sufficient.

m
mavik  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2023 12:42:07 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
You ca download kiloview multiview and use all the freedoms you would like.