logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hypohamish  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2023 10:02:28 PM(UTC)
Hypohamish

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm increasingly starting to use SRT more in my workflows - I'm finding it painful that to turn SRT off/on, you have to go to settings cog > Outputs / NDI / SRT > settings cog next to your output you want to SRT, then toggle the tickbox, set your settings, then press OK, then OK *again* before SRT then starts!

Is there a way that can be streamlined into a dedicated SRT menu? It'd be cool to have something similar to the other menus & buttons available at the bottom, where you could hit the cog to set up your SRT outputs (similar to the stream 1/2/3 window).

Open to hear anyone else's suggestions regarding this!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2023 10:39:40 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hypohamish Go to Quoted Post
I'm increasingly starting to use SRT more in my workflows - I'm finding it painful that to turn SRT off/on, you have to go to settings cog > Outputs / NDI / SRT > settings cog next to your output you want to SRT, then toggle the tickbox, set your settings, then press OK, then OK *again* before SRT then starts!

to turn SRT off/on (once enabled in the settings) one can:
- right click the external cog wheel and turn on/off each individual SRT output
- use the SRT shortcuts to turn on/off individual SRT outputs
Hypohamish  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2023 11:03:02 PM(UTC)
Hypohamish

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Your directions are great for if it's already configured, but my aspiration would be that a dedicated menu would allow you to also configure it easier also. It's currently buried under all the clicks I listed above, whereas it could be something similar to the existing Stream pop-out.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2023 12:17:30 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Your directions are great for if it's already configured, but my aspiration would be that a dedicated menu would allow you to also configure it easier also. It's currently buried under all the clicks I listed above, whereas it could be something similar to the existing Stream pop-out.

I understand but you did write: "I'm finding it painful that to turn SRT off/on ...", me as understanding to start/stop the SRT feeds during a production so thats what i responded to. I kind of fail to see the need during a production to change the settings on the fly during (but that's just me)
TL68  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2024 8:34:41 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1!
I am with OP on this one.
In our workflows we switch a lot between different streaming methods, mostly rtmp, tcp and srt. It would make it more coherent and user friendly to treat different streaming formats in the same logistics in settings, menus etc.

And please also make it easy to save multiple presets for different destinations so that we easily can be switch between them using shortcuts and menus just using a name of a preset that then could be any type of protocol and destination.