logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike at SOTC  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2023 2:53:13 AM(UTC)
Mike at SOTC

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
vMix,

I love your audio routing capabilities on Vmix. However, there aren't enough audio buses and I need at least 8 more Audio Buses. Maybe you would just label them [H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O]

Or maybe you could just have separate 8 Channel Input Buses (IB-A, IB-B, IB-C, IB-D, IB-E, IB-F, IB-G) and separate 8 channel OUTPUT Buses (OB-A, OB-B, OB-C, OB-D, OB-E, OB-F, OB-G)

I do complex audio routing where each vmix channel call is routed out separate Audio Buses to an audio console. Then our audio console generates unique Mix-Minus for each vmix call and I route them all back into vmix which uses the rest of the buses This uses up all the 8 BUSES! I still need 2 more audio Buses to integrate Microsoft Teams calls into my setup. I also need another audio bus to send out the audio from vmix video clips..
I'm short audio Buses because this setup uses up all my channels

I also waste the headphone BUS to feed Silence back to certain vMix guests who need that. One suggestion for this is if you provide an option for "SILENCE" or "MUTE" to feed back silence to vmix guests.

Thanks
Mike
thanks 1 user thanked Mike at SOTC for this useful post.
Mano Bakker on 12/31/2023(UTC)
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2023 3:38:22 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike at SOTC Go to Quoted Post
vMix,

I love your audio routing capabilities on Vmix. However, there aren't enough audio buses and I need at least 8 more Audio Buses. Maybe you would just label them [H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O]

Or maybe you could just have separate 8 Channel Input Buses (IB-A, IB-B, IB-C, IB-D, IB-E, IB-F, IB-G) and separate 8 channel OUTPUT Buses (OB-A, OB-B, OB-C, OB-D, OB-E, OB-F, OB-G)

I do complex audio routing where each vmix channel call is routed out separate Audio Buses to an audio console. Then our audio console generates unique Mix-Minus for each vmix call and I route them all back into vmix which uses the rest of the buses This uses up all the 8 BUSES! I still need 2 more audio Buses to integrate Microsoft Teams calls into my setup. I also need another audio bus to send out the audio from vmix video clips..
I'm short audio Buses because this setup uses up all my channels

I also waste the headphone BUS to feed Silence back to certain vMix guests who need that. One suggestion for this is if you provide an option for "SILENCE" or "MUTE" to feed back silence to vmix guests.

Thanks
Mike

Hello. In vmix live show they did in youtube i remember a question about this. The answer was about pc perfomance etc. I believe that in sometime they will do it. As they add in vmix27 4 external outputs. Until then see if you are confortable with mono audio buses. You can via the vmix audio matrix to assign mono audio bus in a device so with the 7 a-g buses you can have 14 audio bus

thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
Mano Bakker on 12/31/2023(UTC)
Mike at SOTC  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2023 6:37:51 AM(UTC)
Mike at SOTC

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks...

I could do mono channels. But, I would have to do a bunch of reconfiguring to split out channels in my wheatnet setup which I'm not totally confident of. But, thanks for the suggestion and the info!

Mike