logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dagwood  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 8:34:57 AM(UTC)
Dagwood

Groups: Registered

I would like to capture from the black Magic Intensity pro a DVI 1280X720 60HZ (59.XX) by way of HDMI output from a computer so I can get better resolution and allow visiting guests to plug into our system without adding software. I’m using 3 Sony HDR HC3 by way of fire wire (I’ve had great results using DV, but adding the computer output at 1280X720 is forcing me to go to a higher resolution in the project settings) So I must start using the HDV video by way of fire wire so I can try to match the output of the computer screen I want for better flexibility and resolution. Audio isn’t a problem since I’m using a mixer and input by way of the sound card.
My problem is what project resolution I should select, since the HC3 fire wire is 1440X1080 (due to odd pixel size?) and the BMIPro has many hardware scaling options that I’m not sure if they are making a difference outputting to V-Mix capture. Also there are so many codecs to choose, selecting the right configuration requires a lot of guessing.
My question at this time is:
Can I use the scaling hardware settings in Intensity pro to pre adjust to fit my project settings to better suit the HC3 HDV when all are brought together in V-Mix?
What codec and colour settings should I use to marry the different resolutions of the 1280X720 from BMIPro, and the HC3 HDV 1440X1080 so I can pack it up and send it to Flash Media Encoder and record to hard drive locally?
Can I use the hardware engine in the BMIPro to encode a MPEG2 stream to my hard drive instead of using software Ciniform to save the file locally?
It’s hard to figure out the problem on my end, but a block diagram displaying how V-mix is using the signals and were it is picked up in the hardware and the different interactions of the codecs colour coded for HD and HDV would reduce the guess work, but I have seen how busy you are with adding options to this awesome program and quite sure your time for something like a block diagram would be low on anyone’s list, but I’m asking anyway. Keep up the great work and thanx.
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R v 1.1 + quad core
N-vidia 210 video card (DVi+VGA)
2 additional Fire wire cards 1 PCI, 1 PCIe
1os hard drive and separate 1TB storage