logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Edy Santos  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2023 10:39:47 PM(UTC)
Edy Santos

Groups: Registered
Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I'm aware that the "Triggers Manager" was recently added to vMix, but I hope you understand that for many users, opening pop-ups in the middle of a broadcast is not ideal. It would be much more convenient to have a shortcut to "enable and disable Trigger."

I suggest creating something like: "TriggerOn" and "TriggerOff." We could choose the input, and in the value, we could configure the "index" representing the position where this trigger is located. Alternatively, another option could be to add an extra column in the trigger with the choice of how many times it should act consecutively on that input.

Let me provide an example:

Imagine I set up a title to appear when a person enters the program, with their name displayed for about 7 seconds before disappearing. However, I want this to happen only once, or perhaps a bit later I want it to happen again. A shortcut to enable or disable would be very welcome.
thanks 4 users thanked Edy Santos for this useful post.
eddysangalli on 11/21/2023(UTC), Clayton Andretti on 11/21/2023(UTC), budnypaulo on 11/22/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 11/22/2023(UTC)
eddysangalli  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2023 10:44:22 PM(UTC)
eddysangalli

Brazil

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Edy Santos Go to Quoted Post

I'm aware that the "Triggers Manager" was recently added to vMix, but I hope you understand that for many users, opening pop-ups in the middle of a broadcast is not ideal. It would be much more convenient to have a shortcut to "enable and disable Trigger."

I suggest creating something like: "TriggerOn" and "TriggerOff." We could choose the input, and in the value, we could configure the "index" representing the position where this trigger is located. Alternatively, another option could be to add an extra column in the trigger with the choice of how many times it should act consecutively on that input.

Imagine I set up a title to appear when a person enters the program, with their name displayed for about 7 seconds before disappearing. However, I want this to happen only once, or perhaps a bit later I want it to happen again. A shortcut to enable or disable would be very welcome.

Edy Santos' placement was very good. I've already had problems with the popup freezing and having to restart vMix, including during a transmission. It would be important to resolve this so that we no longer have to go through situations like this. At the time, I contacted support and we were unable to find the real problem with the pop-up blocking. And even though it may have been solved, we end up being afraid to open it, and also because there is a certain delay in making it all the way through.
Clayton Andretti  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2023 10:51:38 PM(UTC)
Clayton Andretti

Brazil

ISSO AJUDARIA MUITO....
COMO NÃO PENSARAM NISSO AINDA
notdianaross  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2023 1:01:09 AM(UTC)
notdianaross

Woman
Brazil

Wonderful! The functionality of these shortcuts would be straightforward. Users could choose the input and configure the "index" to represent the position where the trigger is located.

Let's say I set up a title to appear when a person enters the program, with their name displayed for about 7 seconds before disappearing. However, I may want this to happen only once during the broadcast, or perhaps I decide later on that I want it to occur again. Having a shortcut to enable or disable the trigger would greatly streamline this process, providing more flexibility and control during live broadcasts. Honestly i believe this enhancement would not only make vMix more user-friendly but also contribute to a smoother and more professional broadcasting experience.
budnypaulo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2023 3:35:48 AM(UTC)
budnypaulo

Brazil

That's very necessary! Edy is a Genius of vmix in Brasil
eduardocfs  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2023 3:37:58 AM(UTC)
eduardocfs

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)
+1