logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BetrayedByTheGame1996  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 2:28:59 AM(UTC)
BetrayedByTheGame1996

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I am new to GT Designer and I have been asked to take some existing After Effects animations and streaming assets and recreate them in vMix.

I have gotten to a point where I am comfortable with the basics and setting up a design that matches what I had in AE, but I have some advanced questions.

I have been having a few issues with the bounding function. I have set a L3 box to resize based on the length of text name. But I am having issues with 2 things.

1. I had an animation on the text, using fly, which slides in from the top. This was on a delay, after "Text Box" layer slides in from offscreen.
https://www.youtube.com/...QgrZM_94Ymhf1v&t=386

However, since applying the bounding function to the text box, it seems to copy the same animations as the text, so I cannot have the dynamic animations and still have the responsive text box.
Any ideas on this?

2. I wanted to see if it was possible to set a fix text box length, and then if the text gets too long, then it begins to scale? So, if a name is 10 characters the box is say 100, but if it had 15 character, the box would be 150.

I have also been asked to include a pronoun option at the end of the name. In AE, I parented it to the name length, so that the pronouns text would move left and right depending on the name lengthj. Is there a way to achieve this responsivness in the designer?

Finally, I saw this text animation at the start of the latest feature video.

Is this created in GT Designer or is this made in AE?

Lots to take in, but this is my first day using the software and I have lots of questions.