logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DavidT  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 10:21:37 PM(UTC)
DavidT

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Hi. I have a situation where I'm trying to "force" different rows of a data source (google sheets) into multiple instances of a title. This is for an OCR (Obstacle Course Running) competition. Two competitors go head to head over 35 obstacles. I want to key the same title layout over each individual camera showing 5 data points in each title. Everything is setup so that the columns auto-populate nicely but when selecting Apply to all fields in title, the row setting does not write to all fields. With 40 contestants throughout the day it would be very easy to just edit each title and select a new row and apply to all fields rather than open each field in the title and change that on the fly between each start. I suppose I could script it somehow but why doesn't apply to all... apply to all? Am I missing something? (v. 26.0.0.45)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 10:44:50 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DavidT Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I have a situation where I'm trying to "force" different rows of a data source (google sheets) into multiple instances of a title. This is for an OCR (Obstacle Course Running) competition. Two competitors go head to head over 35 obstacles. I want to key the same title layout over each individual camera showing 5 data points in each title. Everything is setup so that the columns auto-populate nicely but when selecting Apply to all fields in title, the row setting does not write to all fields. With 40 contestants throughout the day it would be very easy to just edit each title and select a new row and apply to all fields rather than open each field in the title and change that on the fly between each start. I suppose I could script it somehow but why doesn't apply to all... apply to all? Am I missing something? (v. 26.0.0.45)

Apply to all fields is used during setting up the link between title and datasource ONLY! This is usefull ONLY when te datasource collumns match in name those of the title fields (see helpfiles) .
Once the links are setup between datasource and title any selection of a different row in the datasource will be reflected to the title for ALL the textfields connected to that datasources row content.
Used properly it doesnt matter if there are 40 or 4000 contestants in the datasource, you only have to select the correct row in the datasource, nothing more

One can not force selecting different rows content for the same title unless you convert rows to columns but above mentioned setup ( naming) will still apply

Nothing stops yu from haveing multiple copies of the same datasource in the datasource manager say one for contestant A title and one for contestant B title ;-)
DavidT  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 11:13:54 PM(UTC)
DavidT

Sweden

Thanks, dogggy. I was hoping to avoid duplicate data sources(Google sheets and the dreaded 429 are already a problem with one) Will explore duplicates using json or xml somehow.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2023 3:44:50 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DavidT Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, dogggy. I was hoping to avoid duplicate data sources(Google sheets and the dreaded 429 are already a problem with one) Will explore duplicates using json or xml somehow.

dont need to duplicate the source itself, just load it twice in manager!