logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ittaidv  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 9:05:21 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Next week we will stream on Youtube for the first time. A client asked to stream on his channel, we normally always use Livebeats.com, but they don't like the site.

Since it's the first time i researched a bit, because I know Youtube is pretty tight on copyrights I'm now trying to prepare as good as possible.

The show itself is a Fashion show where music is played. We will have the playlist upfront though, so we can try to find out if our stream will pass content id match. This I found out, can be checked in the Youtube audiolibrary: https://www.youtube.com/...brary/ad_supported_music

If however the dj would play a song that could be 'blocked' by youtube, will they shut us off immediatly, or will they give a warning first?

Also our client would like to have the video available in archive immediatly after the event. Does anyone have experience with this? Does youtube take time to encode our video first, or will it be available the moment we hit the 'stop streaming' button?

Thanks!
tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:52:54 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I will share briefly my experience on Youtube. I streamed our High School Graduation on Youtube (it was my second event to do on Youtube). Don't ask me why I chose Youtube instead of High School Cube but I did. A Senior Video is played at the beginning and I knew that Youtube would stop your stream if copyright songs were played so I made an online version of the video with royalty free music to play for the online viewers while the live version was playing. Unfortunately I left the mic open for the live presentation. So both the Royalty Free music AND the copyright songs were playing simultaneously and their system flagged it and stopped the stream. Since I was new to Youtube I did not know it until the graduation was almost over :(

If you are going to have any copyright music you will have problems. If that is not an issue then Youtube streaming is a quality option for streaming.

Tim

thanks 1 user thanked tdurhamjr for this useful post.
Ittaidv on 12/14/2014(UTC)
GeorgeR  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2014 7:15:16 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Yes, if YouTube discovers any copyrighted material during a Live Stream they will shut it down. This applies to both Live Event Streaming and Hangouts.

"YouTube Content ID scans all live streams and Hangouts on Air for third party content. When Content ID identifies third party content, it may terminate your live broadcast. Live streams and Hangouts on Air can also be terminated if they receive a copyright strike or a Community Guidelines strike."

Live events are available within a few minutes the broadcast ends.

You can now check on YouTube to view usage restrictions for popular music and how YouTube will handle it here https://www.youtube.com/...rary/ad_supported_music.
doyousee.me  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2014 6:21:51 PM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
my experience is / was that before I saw 2 warnings of copyright breach we were already cut off (I was monitoring because I expected to be cut off , but my client wanted to try, because they do have an online license for 10fold the max viewers we ever had)

we quickly switched over to my own distriplatform that we had standing by, and which does honour the available license and streamed happily till the end of the event.

M@ik
thanks 1 user thanked doyousee.me for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 12/15/2014(UTC)