logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jason Jimmerson  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2023 5:58:29 AM(UTC)
Jason Jimmerson

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi everyone, hoping you can help me with my problem. I have two different 2023 ASUS laptops both running VMIX on them. One machine is a video switching machine where we run the broadcast from, the second machine is strictly for remote call-ins. The problem that I am running into right now is on the call machine I am not getting any audio to my TF5 Yamaha mixer. It just all of a sudden stopped working one day. I can see the audio meters rising correctly in Bus A (Input 1 and 2 are split mono channels on bus A L&R) as well as Buses F&G, which is "show audio". We use Bus E as the greenroom to speak with faculty before going on the air. We run the audio out of the laptop over Dante using DVS, subscriptions are all good in the Dante Controller, but nothing. I can get music (played from an iphone directly into the ST 1 IN port, playback) to hit the stream/recorders and we have 4 other inputs on the mixer (9-12) that are for video clips, etc that also go to the stream. Now the 9-12 inputs are fed from the other VMIX video switching machine direct. We send those signals out through a decklink SDI card, that runs through two BM SDI/1/4" injectors, that run back into a BlackMagic SDI cleanswitch to resync the audio with the video. The audio from the switching machine hits the stream just fine.

VMIX Call in
Buses A - G
8 Caller inputs
(1) - Bus A Left
(2) - Bus A Right
(3) - Bus B Left
(4) - Bus B Right
(5) - C L
(6) - C R
(7) - D L
(8) - D R

Bus E - Greenroom
Bus F & G - Show audio

I hope this is detailed enough to possibly get some advice on what may be happening to our system.
mtone  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2023 10:49:35 AM(UTC)
mtone

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
press the speaker icon to turn the buss on..
Jason Jimmerson  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2023 12:39:50 AM(UTC)
Jason Jimmerson

United States

We figured out the issue, it was an IP conflict between two machines after switching computers out. Dante was dropping the packets trying to hit a different machine.

Thank you for the turning on the bus comment... that was not helpful at all and not needed. Was looking for a serious hint
mtone  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2023 9:22:07 AM(UTC)
mtone

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
it was a serious hint.. there is no way of knowing on a forum how technically aware the person at the other end is and the speaker button does mute audio while the levels are still visible (consistent with what you described).. would you rather no suggestions ? your post was messy to decipher which is probably why nobody else responded, easier to not bother..