logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kingcama  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:17:35 PM(UTC)
kingcama

Groups: Registered

Hi,
in these days i'm trying to set up my computer to work with Vmix 14 and a Decklink Duo SDI card.

Input:
I've put 3 camera with RTSP video. they go fine.
I' ve tried RTMP and it works
then I've tried SDI inputs with 2 different Sony videocameras and i can see them as inputs.

I'm learning Vmix, so i've tried transitions, titles, preview and program, recording on local disk and streaming on youtube.
All ok till i want to try SDI output from Decklink Duo to go on youtube or to an external encoder.
i'm trying from this morning and i've not found a way.
Having two SDI inputs i've connected a Sony camera in SDI 2 input, then SDI 2 output to SDI 1 Input to check if i find the solution.
Well, any camera i set to program, i've always as SDI 2 output ( and so as SDI 1 input) the Sony camera set as SDI 2 input.
i've always tried changing settings in "External Output" tab.
i choose "External" tab, i check "external renderer", i set NTSC and resolution wanted, i set Decklink SDI 2 and SDI as Port.
when i click "external" to activate i receive this error:
"StartStopExternal
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"

There is surely something i'm missing
and i need your help!
How can i configure the settings so that the Program currently on-air can be linked to the SDI 2 Output?
tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 10:04:05 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
You may already know this so disregard if you do. Some of the others may have better advise as well. On the Decklink Duo you can only have 2 inputs. There are 5 bnc connectors (1 is a reference), so be sure you are plugging in the cameras into the correct port. Here is the image: https://www.blackmagicde...klink/techspecs/W-DLK-01

I say that because on my Decklink Quad cards, I have made that mistake several times, mainly when I am in a hurry. I marked the inputs with tape so not an issue any more :)

The best thing to check your camera and DL Duo settings is:
1. First check the settings in >Control Panel>Blackmagic Design Control Panel (make sure settings are correct)
2. Open Blackmagic Media Express. Then select your corect port in DEVICE tab.
3. Click on Log and Capture.
4. If no picture click on EDIT>PREFERENCES to see if any preferences need to be changed to match your camera.
5. Also make sure you camera output is correct. I use all Sony HDMI output cameras and I set them to 720 60p output in the settings and camera setup menu. I then connect them to a HDMI>SDI converter.

Not sure what kind of Sony camera you are using.

Once you get a picture in Blackmagic Media Express, then you will know your settings and will have no problem adding the device in vMix.

I might be wrong, but I do not think you can use the SDI input AND ouput simultaneously on the Blackmagic cards?? I will try to double check that. I use the EXTERNAL output to record to the Decklink Shuttle and I use an unused port for the output.

Tim
kingcama  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 10:42:29 AM(UTC)
kingcama

Blackmagic Duo should have 2 indipendent channel, so at least i must have 1 input and 1 output working simultaneously.
if i want record what Decklink is sending to Output how could i try? this is my first question. In the Media express what should i see? In or Out?
i'm trying to do the Media Express test, now i'm using 1080/59.94i
camera 1 used: PXW-X70
camera 2 testing: EVI-H100S there is no audio integrated here.

Thanks
Maximus  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 1:36:20 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hi,
I may have misread your post, but on a Declink card, you cannot use 1 channel for input AND output. If you are using your two SDI inputs then none are available for output. You may use either 2 inputs, OR 1 input and 1 output, OR 2 outputs dependent on your vMix version. You do however get loop through from the input to the corresponding output of the incoming signal, similar to a 'Y' splitter.

Hope this helps.

Maxi
tdurhamjr  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 4:48:56 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
The PXW-X70 has the ability to set the SDI output. What do you have it set to in your camera settings?

On my Sony Cameras (consumer level) I set the HD output to 720 60p. I read where your camera has more options. So you have to know what that is first. Then you will setup Blackmagic Media Express to match those settings. Once you can see your camera view in Media Express you are home free in vMix :)