logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fasade  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 9:50:08 AM(UTC)
Fasade

Groups: Registered

I have recently purchased an AVKANS NDI Camera. While in the process of updating the firmware, the system froze. After resetting the computer and power cycling the camera, the camera no longer seems responsive. It currently has a red led on the front and does not "dance" when it is first plugged in. Does anyone know how to reset to factory settings?

Model - AV-E20_NDI
MarkNF82  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:58:57 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fasade Go to Quoted Post
I have recently purchased an AVKANS NDI Camera. While in the process of updating the firmware, the system froze. After resetting the computer and power cycling the camera, the camera no longer seems responsive. It currently has a red led on the front and does not "dance" when it is first plugged in. Does anyone know how to reset to factory settings?

Model - AV-E20_NDI

No startup "dance" could be a bit concerning, but possible it is in a recovery mode of some kind. Can you power it with the infrared remote, or does it not respond to that?

I had a similar experience upgrading our CM-20, but luckily for us it went back to the default IP, so once I was on the same subnet the firmware update program found it again. AVKANS manual says the default is 192.168.100.88, although that is for the CM-20, so may be different. I haven't found any manual for the EV20 yet. If that doesn't work, try connecting via USB and running the firmware program. It may get far enough to restore from a backup firmware.

Just in case it will help and it responds to the remote, here is the procedure for factory settings. It's for the CM-20, but maybe the same. However, if the firmware is corrupt it may not get far enough to work.

press
  • + [#] + [6] in succession to restore to factory default settings.

I don't know how good their customer support is, but here is the AVKANS support email if it's any help.
    avkans.pro@gmail.com