logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ross Mac  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 8:36:04 PM(UTC)
Ross Mac

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi all, looking to add some more capability to my live setup in the main lecture theatre at my work where I currently use a Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K with 3x PTZ, 1x fixed cam, and 1x laptop feed. I used vMix during lockdown for vMix Call, and for single camera portable broadcasts, but having seen Tim's video on key / fill, I feel this would be a great addition to the lecture theatre setup.

I see the UltraStudio HD Mini is supported for key / fill, and as I currently only have 1080 cameras this would be fine but I do want to futureproof and wonder if the 4K Mini version of the UltraStudio is supported - it wasn't listed in the video. I'd be looking to also use the SDI input on the UltraStudio to bring in the ATEM output into vMix or when I have others using the system on their own laptops - can I confirm if vMix can use both SDI out and the SDI in simultaneously?

Cheers,

Ross
Kayo33  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2023 2:59:15 AM(UTC)
Kayo33

France

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
blackmagic website info

Easily connect UltraStudio to live production mixers. If you're using UltraStudio as a media player, you can run title software or RGB animations using the UltraStudio 4K model and route the fill and key signals to the dual link SDI outputs. Each link can be connected to two mixer inputs, and the server can use the fill and key signals internally to overlay these live graphics. The included Photoshop CC plug-in also supports RGB graphics and alpha channels from your Photoshop CC graphics. So you can update your titles instantly and insert live graphics. UltraStudio is ideal for live streaming programme signals from the production switcher. Simply connect the mixer's programme output or aux output to the UltraStudio's input and use your favourite broadcast software.

send fill and key signals to the mixer ok
capture the mixer output on the vmix pc ok
Anders  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 5:24:26 AM(UTC)
Anders

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I use the Ultrastudio 4K Mini not with vmix, but with Mac Minis and it supports key/fill up to 4K/30p.