logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrMagoo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 1:40:15 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi, I'm new to vMix, but hoping someone can assist with my question.

We currently have 4 camera sources coming into vMix, all subjects are on green screens.

Each source has it's own dedicated video background file loaded into vMix for each one to use that we key against.

The issue we have, we have over 50 shows all with their own unique video backgrounds that we need to change almost hourly. How can we easily manage this?

At present we have 4 dedicated background folders, which we link multiple scenes to that folder (each folder has the same file name). When a new show starts, we have copy the correct video background into the appropriate folder, then go into vMix and edit the settings, by clicking 'change' so that background scene updates.

The process works, but it's a little cumbersome, looking for a more streamlined way? Any ideas. Thanks.
ovonder  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 6:34:06 PM(UTC)
ovonder

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So for my understanding, you don't save each show in a separate vmix project file or bundle (save as bundle)?

MrMagoo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 6:35:59 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

we do not
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 7:31:25 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Have a look into using Mix inputs or Virtual sets combined with lists to quickly change "backgrounds" by seelcting from the list
Is there any naming convention between background and subjects? might look inot usng datasources for that or even scripting to do a change.
A bit confused as how you have multiple folders with the same name ?
nikosman88  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 9:01:16 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Mix inputs and lists that doggy suggests is a good idea.
Another way to do what you need is to have a master vmix preset with cameras and mics and any other thing if exist that is common for every show. Then make a preset per show and when show need to change,go to open and append the next vmix preset in the master preset. You can also use triggers or a script to remove at once with one click all the previous backgrounds/input. I think there is no reason for this kind of workflow to go to solutions copy-paste into windows
MrMagoo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 9:10:16 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Thanks I will look into those options and see what could work.

@doddy The current folder/file structure is not great, I agree, hence this post. I have folders for each individual show, each folder contains a unique file named (background.mp4) for that show, then I have 4 'what I call' master folders, these are the paths that vMix links to, we then copy the required show (background.mp4) file from that folder, and paste in over the top of the last (background.mp4) file in the relevant master background folder. Hope that makes sense.
doggy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 10:04:49 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MrMagoo Go to Quoted Post
The current folder/file structure is not great, I agree, hence this post. I have folders for each individual show, each folder contains a unique file named (background.mp4) for that show, then I have 4 'what I call' master folders, these are the paths that vMix links to, we then copy the required show (background.mp4) file from that folder, and paste in over the top of the last (background.mp4) file in the relevant master background folder.

Hope that makes sense.

Not really, sorry
MrMagoo  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 11:54:33 AM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Thanks, the list function works well and will do what we require.