logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmedia  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2023 6:14:55 AM(UTC)
kmedia

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm running vMix on a new PC that exceeds their recommendations: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-core + 32GB RAM + NVIDIA GeGorce RTX 4070. When I'm not switching anything, the highest numbers simmer around 25ms render / 70% GPU / 1% CPU.

However, I suddenly get terrible performance issues when I do any of these things: overlay a GT Title, click the gear to edit an input's settings, "reload" a GT Title or any input.

Here's an example (click here if the webm doesn't embed correctly)

[img=https://drdrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/vmix-render-error-on-overlay-2.webm][/img]

Notice how the guest call immediately glitches and then speeds up as the lower third appears. It still happens even after removing the (image sequence) light flare. It happens especially when I overlay a GT Title (which spikes the render time to 200ms!) but usually only the FIRST time I overlay the title – subsequent overlays of the same title don't spike the render time.

My setup: I'm running Companion with a few Stream Deck controllers; I have 4 monitors plugged in to the NVIDIA card; I have a few VST audio plugins running; I typically have 2 vMix Calls bringing in the host and guest; I only send to one destination (Restream).

I've tried: following every step in vMix documentation and forum tips for performance; moving all video files to "Lists", unplugging one of the monitors.

With Resizable BAR, I should be able to ignore the GPU Overload warnings... but when they pop up, the performance is actually affected. Sometimes the entire vMix program locks up for 10 seconds while we are live, simply because I clicked the gear to change an input's settings.

I'd appreciate any advice!
talonavm  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2023 2:48:33 AM(UTC)
talonavm

United States

well yes you can ignore the warning if resizeable bar is enabled and in use ON the GPU thats utilizing resizeable bar. Also you are supposed to disable the high performance mode option if you know resizable bar is in use. Honestly you said you are hovering at 70%GPU? That sounds very high depending on what you have going.

Personally I would disable resizable bar, you have 12GB of VRAM so I would disable that and enable high performance mode just to rule out some ram speed mismatch

Verify that vmix is seeing the 4070 as its GPU and not the AMD, but also a good idea to grab a monitoring program to verify your GPU is hitting 100% when vmix says it is.

Also make sure vmix64.exe is locked to the 4070 and in prefer maximum performance for its power mode via nvidia control panel.
joedemax  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 10:07:09 AM(UTC)
joedemax

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Do you have any large (say beyond 4000x4000) images in your GT Title?