logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Video-Chopper  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2023 1:30:45 AM(UTC)
Video-Chopper

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello everyone!

I produce weekly shows and we are looking at ways to consolidate some of our scripts and make things more efficient.

Currently, I get our Run of Show (ROS) with all of the various segments and their segment lengths. For each Segment, I have a script that cuts to preview, sets the Segment Title, Segment Clock and SetCountdown to xx:xx:xx.

Function=SetTextColour&Value=#46FF33&Input=Segment Clock
Function=SetCountdown&Value=00:04:00&Input=Segment Clock
Function=SetText&Value=Sample Title&Input=Segment Title

As it works right now, I need to manually update each script for each segment; so if I have 10 segments, that is 10 scripts I need to manually update the SetCountdown value for.

I have rebuilt the Segment Clock to be automated via a Google Sheet, so the Segment Title and Segment Clock display work perfectly.

I have dug and dug and dug, tried so many scripts, but cannot for the life of me figure out if this is even possible, and if so, how I would do this.

Let me know if I can provide more specifics about my case for assistance!

Thanks in advance!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2023 2:39:01 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Video-Chopper Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone!

I produce weekly shows and we are looking at ways to consolidate some of our scripts and make things more efficient.

Currently, I get our Run of Show (ROS) with all of the various segments and their segment lengths. For each Segment, I have a script that cuts to preview, sets the Segment Title, Segment Clock and SetCountdown to xx:xx:xx.

Function=SetTextColour&Value=#46FF33&Input=Segment Clock
Function=SetCountdown&Value=00:04:00&Input=Segment Clock
Function=SetText&Value=Sample Title&Input=Segment Title

As it works right now, I need to manually update each script for each segment; so if I have 10 segments, that is 10 scripts I need to manually update the SetCountdown value for.

I have rebuilt the Segment Clock to be automated via a Google Sheet, so the Segment Title and Segment Clock display work perfectly.

I have dug and dug and dug, tried so many scripts, but cannot for the life of me figure out if this is even possible, and if so, how I would do this.

Let me know if I can provide more specifics about my case for assistance!

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked the "scripting for dummies"post ?
There are various ways of achieving your goal from using variables, dynamic values or even data sources
You mnetion you got it workig with google sheets so what is not working then ? some coded logic goign wrong? or .....
Video-Chopper  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2023 3:06:03 AM(UTC)
Video-Chopper

United States

Hey doggy!

The part that I cannot get working via Google Sheets is the 'SetCountdown' value. It is very possible it is something I am doing wrong, but I feel like I have tried everything.

Posting to the forum was my last resort as I know people get roasted for asking questions...but I am running out of ideas and do not know where to go from here!

I have a ton of AI generated scripts that I have tried to tweak and make work, scoured the forums, have have even found a couple posts from others looking to do similar things with no luck (at least what the forum shows).
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2023 3:47:36 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Video-Chopper Go to Quoted Post
Hey doggy!
The part that I cannot get working via Google Sheets is the 'SetCountdown' value. It is very possible it is something I am doing wrong, but I feel like I have tried everything.

to get data to a function one needs a way to get it first. one can not get data from a datasource directly into a script , you can however get it through a title as an inbetween (a script can read content from a title )

Quote:

I have a ton of AI generated scripts that I have tried to tweak and make work,
Quote:

sorry but spilled my coffee

scoured the forums, have have even found a couple posts from others looking to do similar things with no luck (at least what the forum shows).

hmm, "scripting for dummies "post has examples of retrieving datasource data though titles but as said you need to vb.net script them (API.Functions) so you can add some coding logic to the scripts
will also be more intiutive to the fact of usingg strings variabels to use in functions (are you sure google sheets treat xx:xx:xx as a string and not as a date/time format ?

There are various countdown functions available ( set, change, adjust , ...) some only work when countdown is stopped for example
Video-Chopper  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2023 3:51:31 AM(UTC)
Video-Chopper

United States

Ahh, thank you so much! I will find that and work on that for a bit.

I also didn't realize that some of those functions may not work if the clock is running, so that is something else I can try too.

When it comes to the AI stuff, desperate times call for desperate measures, lol!! I did have some interesting results on other prompts for scripts that did work pretty well surprisingly.

Thanks so much for your help! I will test some things out and report back with some updates.
Video-Chopper  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:34:28 AM(UTC)
Video-Chopper

United States

Eureka!

Using a script in Scripting for Dummies, I have this script:

Next Segment Script:

Quote:
API.Function("Cut", Input:="")
API.Function("LayerOn", Input:="Green Room", Value:="4")
API.Function("LayerOff", Input:="Green Room", Value:="10")
API.Function("DataSourceNextRow", Value:="Google Sheets,Title Preset")

API.Function("ScriptStart", Value:="Next Segment 2")

Next Segment 2 Script:

Quote:
API.Function("StopCountdown",Input:="Timer Centre.gtzip")
dim clockstart as string= Input.Find("Timer Centre.gtzip").Text("Time.Text")
API.Function("SetCountdown",Input:="Timer Centre.gtzip",Value:=clockstart)
API.Function("StartCountdown",Input:="Timer Centre.gtzip")

Doing some testing, wish me luck!