logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andrecaleffi  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 4:11:36 AM(UTC)
andrecaleffi

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Please add a audio compressor with audio ducking to vmix.

t's a basic tool that helps a lot. Having to create a script for this gets in the way, as we often need to be quick to make adjustments.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 5:03:10 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: andrecaleffi Go to Quoted Post

t's a basic tool that helps a lot. Having to create a script for this gets in the way, as we often need to be quick to make adjustments.

What quick adjustments ?
There are several good ducking scripts floating around , could incorporate dynamic values for setting changes
andrecaleffi  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 7:06:58 AM(UTC)
andrecaleffi

Brazil

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

What quick adjustments ?
There are several good ducking scripts floating around , could incorporate dynamic values for setting changes

I'll give an example. I'm going to broadcast an event with rented equipment that doesn't have any script for it.
They said they wouldn't show videos or music where audio ducking would be needed
With 5 minutes to go on air, the speaker announces, I'm going to play this video and comment on it. (or even with the event already underway, when changing speakers)
If you have this native in VMIX where you just enter the audio and activate it, like in OBS, it would make it much easier.

Note: I'm using Google Translate. English is not my main language. Sorry for bad English.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 11:26:53 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

I'll give an example. I'm going to broadcast an event with rented equipment that doesn't have any script for it.

Sorry but i have a hard time believing doing a production without preparing a setup catering to your own usage needs: preset including its inputs, shortcuts, scripts etc which can be transfered

Quote:

They said they wouldn't show videos or music where audio ducking would be needed
With 5 minutes to go on air, the speaker announces, I'm going to play this video and comment on it. (or even with the event already underway, when changing speakers)
If you have this native in VMIX where you just enter the audio and activate it, like in OBS, it would make it much easier.

when production is properly set up (like adding a script and shortcut before start) a shortcut activating a script will be much faster then going to the audio settings. all it takes is a thumbdrive with your own files to carry along