logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shackles  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 3:16:39 AM(UTC)
Shackles

Groups: Registered
United States

I have been trying to find a way to trigger an animation from a data source that is through an API key. I would like to show the word yellow and a yellow box when my data source says in a specific column the word yellow. I would also like to do this with multiple other colors as well. I would like to either trigger this through storyboards or scripting but don't know the correct way of doing this.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 5:01:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shackles Go to Quoted Post
I have been trying to find a way to trigger an animation from a data source that is through an API key. I would like to show the word yellow and a yellow box when my data source says in a specific column the word yellow. I would also like to do this with multiple other colors as well. I would like to either trigger this through storyboards or scripting but don't know the correct way of doing this.

Whats the animation bit supposed to be/do ?
vMix titles do not have a storyboard although some animations can be called by their name (pagex for example or transition in )

also

https://forums.vmix.com/...86-Scripting-for-Dummies
Shackles  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 5:14:43 AM(UTC)
Shackles

United States

I was wanting the animation to show caution when the data says yellow flag in the api key. The problem I’ve seen with most of the pages is I don’t see where it can read data for it to trigger a new page or layer to pop up on an overlay. There’s also multiple types of data for this api key as well.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2023 5:27:47 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shackles Go to Quoted Post
I was wanting the animation to show caution when the data says yellow flag in the api key. The problem I’ve seen with most of the pages is I don’t see where it can read data for it to trigger a new page or layer to pop up on an overlay.

There are multiple examples on how to read data from a title in the link i gave (direclty from a title or from the API XML)
Need to prep your title ( design) for pages to be possible