logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
60DProd_81  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 2:10:02 AM(UTC)
60DProd_81

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Hello everyone,

I'm a French Vmix user, but I try to explain my "problem" in english.
What my clients want is :

- I do the video capture in a location "A" for exemple, with Vmix
- I send the 2 or 3 video sources (from cameras) to someone else, in a location "B" (not near to location A, of course).
- The person on the location B will make the video production between sources 1, 2 and 3.

How can I do ? Do I need to send 3 simultaneous streams ? (1rst stream => camera 1, 2nd stream => camera 2 ... Etc)
Won't there be a latency problem between the cameras at reception, location B?

Or what is your idea / proposal to do this kind of configuration ? (first : is it possible ?)

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Kind regards,

Nicolas.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 3:27:58 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 60DProd_81 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I'm a French Vmix user, but I try to explain my "problem" in english.
What my clients want is :

- I do the video capture in a location "A" for exemple, with Vmix
- I send the 2 or 3 video sources (from cameras) to someone else, in a location "B" (not near to location A, of course).
- The person on the location B will make the video production between sources 1, 2 and 3.

How can I do ? Do I need to send 3 simultaneous streams ? (1rst stream => camera 1, 2nd stream => camera 2 ... Etc)
Won't there be a latency problem between the cameras at reception, location B?

Or what is your idea / proposal to do this kind of configuration ? (first : is it possible ?)

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Kind regards,

Nicolas.

Any reason as vMix user youself you cannot do the production yourself and provide one stream?
Is the person at location B the client or inbetween producer ? confused by the term client as it sounds you are basically the cameraperson.
Sure it can be done, how much research have you done ? NDI, SRT, other,, define not near location A (other building, other side of the world ?
There always is going to be some lag, how important is it , will the endviewer after the mixing even notice ?
60DProd_81  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 5:04:32 AM(UTC)
60DProd_81

Man
France

Hi, thank you for your answer.

You know that customer requests are not too normal sometimes..
The person at location B is producer as well, and work for the same company as my client (but can't be on the location A for video capture).
They want to control their live with their graphic design, that is the subject of their request. So is it possible or not? If yes, how ?
In all cases I will warn the customer that there will certainly be latency, and therefore he will make the choice with full knowledge of the facts.

I already research for answer, I heard about SRT, but is it THE solution ? Or what is THE solution about you ?
The location B is on another city than location A.

thanks a lot for your help.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 5:22:57 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 60DProd_81 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, thank you for your answer.

You know that customer requests are not too normal sometimes..

I am not going to stand on my head for them if requested ;-)

Quote:

The person at location B is producer as well, and work for the same company as my client (but can't be on the location A for video capture).
They want to control their live with their graphic design, that is the subject of their request. So is it possible or not? If yes, how ?
In all cases I will warn the customer that there will certainly be latency, and therefore he will make the choice with full knowledge of the facts.

I already research for answer, I heard about SRT, but is it THE solution ? Or what is THE solution about you ?
The location B is on another city than location A.

thanks a lot for your help.

The THE solution is personal preference but i would strongly consider SRT. Can control the delay to be pretty equal for each feed (plus in vMix one can add delays to sync if needed ) .
Believe SRT MiniServer has more sync options
60DProd_81  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 5:55:14 AM(UTC)
60DProd_81

Man
France

Very clear, thanks for your help ! I will explain all to my client, as see what he wants to do ...
Many thanks :)
Roy Sinclair  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 7:50:35 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)

How about letting the B user into the network (vLAN?) so he can use a browser on a tablet, phone or PC to switch the cameras remotely in your vMix? Will work better in vMix 27 which will provide thumbnail updates in those browser windows every 2 seconds but with a feed of the single "output" his switching inputs should still be real time with a fast enough network connection (which you should already have).

nikosman88  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 8:13:10 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
My opinion is vmix to vmix with vmixcall. And then what Roy Sinclair says. Until vmix27 goes public you can give them full control via anydesk,parsec,or other remote control sw to do what they want. or maybe 2 vmixcalls. One with full resolution that will be your master output and the other lower resolution the multiview of the 3 cameras. So they can see what they need. And if you cant give them directly access to your lan for controlling the web controller of your vmix,you can both use a vpn like zerotier to do the connection of the web controller