logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BruceM  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2023 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
BruceM

Groups: Registered
Australia

I use vMix exclusively for the vMix Call function. What would be the advantage in a guest joining via Zoom (the new feature) and not via VMix Call?
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2023 11:59:09 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
For me is the way that zoom works in android phones and secondary in pc. I see many times that some users find very difficult to give to the browser that vmixcall need to work properly. It may sounds un-believeable but they dont have the skills on how to give the right permissions in the browsers to work with vmixcall. Especially in android phones vmixcall many times has bad quallity and browsers in some phones need workaround to connect the camera in the browser. Otherside zoom has dedicated app and everything most easy for newbie users. This is based to my personal experience
mavik  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2023 12:01:11 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Zoom integration is for users that already use zoom or intend to use zoom in the future. Like some companies that licensed zoom already. You could use your existing workflow with zoom and avoid screen captures etc to integrate it in vmix.
vMixcall on the other hand is already fully integrated. If you are happy with vmixcall and have no need to ue zoom then stay. If you have a lot of zoom conferences that you need to interact with then the new zoom feature would also be a nice way to interact with the conference.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2023 1:00:29 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Difficult to say w/o knowing what the new feature offer ;)
ocrtalk  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2023 12:41:33 AM(UTC)
ocrtalk

United States

I know we see a slight delay with vMix Call that makes our commentators have to be careful to not speak over each other. I know this has been a typical issue for remote conferencing platforms, but I am curious if zoom is any better with it's latency.
Simsyuk  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2023 4:54:49 AM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I realise it might seem a bit old-fashioned, but my setup involves using Skype on a dedicated computer or laptop. Then, I employ NDL to seamlessly integrate it into vMix. This approach allows me to have direct conversations with each caller and individually control their mute settings. Additionally, I can assign each guest to a separate input channel.

Furthermore, my guests have the added benefit of reading viewer comments through vMix Social. I simple use the external feature. This setup has proven to be exceptionally convenient for me, and it operates smoothly without any issues. I hope that helps in someway.
Symon  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2023 1:02:03 AM(UTC)
Symon

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BruceM Go to Quoted Post
I use vMix exclusively for the vMix Call function. What would be the advantage in a guest joining via Zoom (the new feature) and not via VMix Call?

There are two scenarios where integrating Zoom would be advantageous.

1. In some corporate organisations the firewalls are locked down as to allow only specific protocols to pass through and in that case, vMix is blocked
2. The second scenario is in virtual 'town hall meetings' where you have a panel (in vMix) taking questions from the audience (in Zoom) Zoom would be able to manage many more users/participants - that although integral to the broadcast would not be as important as the people on the panel.

Hope this helps
kross  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2023 5:36:39 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I use both vMix Call and Zoom. It isn't necessarily that one is better than the other.

Reasons why I use Zoom:

1. Some guests just prefer Zoom. They already have it setup, and they already use it for other uses.
2. Zoom can have better audio quality, when enabling the high quality audio for musicians feature in Zoom.
3. Zoom can have slightly lower latency.
4. I've heard that Zoom works better on phones and tablets than vMix Call, but I have no direct experience to confirm/deny that.

Reasons I use vMix Call:

1. It's easy (although with Zoom integration this will be less of a difference)
2. It's already paid for. No Zoom fees.
3. The video quality in vMix call is higher, unless you pay for Zoom Business or Zoom Rooms. vMix Call allows full HD out of the box.
4. The audio quality is good enough for most uses, especially when using vMix Call Advanced, and you have the caller turn off the audio processing. Although it would be nice if it were possible to create a link with those options already turned off, so the caller doesn't have to do it.
greggibson  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:41:16 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
The primary reason to use Zoom is it's widespread use around the world. Most corporate offices with restrictive firewalls have Zoom ports open where as many may block vMixCall ports. I can't tell you how many times we have been waiting for a user to login for a meeting via vMixCall only to email or text them and have them say "I am logged in waiting for the meeting start". It's because their login fails but they see themselves in their return video feed and assume they are connected. We have had way fewer issues getting users connected since switching to Zoom and specifically Zoom Room NDI. I'm pretty excited about the vMix 27 integration.

greg