logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thaddeusb  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2023 2:48:51 AM(UTC)
Thaddeusb

Groups: Registered
United States

I am trying to implement a small video delay for a basic "dump button" type function. I have it set up as an NDI output from main Output, brought back in as an NDI input with a frame delay, and then that source going out as Output2 for the stream . The problem I'm having is that over time it comes out of sync with the audio delayed an equivalent number of seconds. I believe this is probably because some frames are being dropped which then makes a frame delay not a predictable number of exact seconds.

I notice that when I have it set to 30fps, I often see "EX FPS" of 27. If I set it to 24fps, I instead see 21. Assuming it is a hardware problem, how would I go about diagnosing it (nothing is close to maxed out in task manager)? What software settings could be tweaked to hopefully prevent dropped frames?

Separately, is there a better way to add a delay that will keep audio and video in sync in the event of dropped frames/video lag?

Thanks!
Thaddeusb  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2023 3:59:49 AM(UTC)
Thaddeusb

Groups: Registered
United States

Switching to "High Input Performance Mode" more or less fixed the problem. However, it turns out the main cause was I had a bunch of video inputs - I didn't realize they use resources even while inactive. Switching to a list input greatly improved performance all around, and was only slightly more work to script (these videos are fin clips called up by stream deck buttons)... So, there's a couple of things to try for others experiencing lag of any kind that find this post later.