logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
soundcon  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2023 5:16:24 AM(UTC)
soundcon

Groups: Registered
United States

I am just starting to understand an installation that is several years old done by another company. There is no documentation available regarding the configuration. what I do know is that: There are 2 cameras are outputting NDI only and 2 cameras that my be capable of NDI and RTMP simultaneously. V-Mix is used as the switcher and the output is currently going to the customer's stream server (YouTube or similar) and to local displays through Kiloview converters resulting in HDMI at the displays (each display has its own converter. From the manual it appears that the Kiloview does not accept NDI but does accept RTMP/HLS/TS over UDP/RTSP/SRT. From this I assume that the Kiloview is taking its signal from V-Mix somehow. There are no additional devices in the system other than a PoE switch to which each individual camera or converter is routed. I am attempting to add 4 additional NDI cameras to the V-Mix input as well as adding additional displays. To accomplish the final goal of the customer there must be a matrix of some sort to direct some cameras directly to a/multiple display(s) and also to the stream. Also, some of the existing cameras will only output NDI. Additionally, some of the displays are showing a quad view from the same 4 cameras. Looking for suggestions as to how this is done.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2023 11:08:03 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: soundcon Go to Quoted Post
I am just starting to understand an installation that is several years old done by another company. There is no documentation available regarding the configuration. what I do know is that: There are 2 cameras are outputting NDI only and 2 cameras that my be capable of NDI and RTMP simultaneously. V-Mix is used as the switcher and the output is currently going to the customer's stream server (YouTube or similar) and to local displays through Kiloview converters resulting in HDMI at the displays (each display has its own converter. From the manual it appears that the Kiloview does not accept NDI but does accept RTMP/HLS/TS over UDP/RTSP/SRT. From this I assume that the Kiloview is taking its signal from V-Mix somehow. There are no additional devices in the system other than a PoE switch to which each individual camera or converter is routed. I am attempting to add 4 additional NDI cameras to the V-Mix input as well as adding additional displays. To accomplish the final goal of the customer there must be a matrix of some sort to direct some cameras directly to a/multiple display(s) and also to the stream. Also, some of the existing cameras will only output NDI. Additionally, some of the displays are showing a quad view from the same 4 cameras. Looking for suggestions as to how this is done.

Hello. Vmix can output directly up to 3 rtmp streams and only from what is setting in output1 and output 2. So if you dont see when cameras are in progress inside your network, the stream1 or stream2/stream3 in vmix, these cameras are not routed in the lan network via rtmp. The only way to send directly your camera inputs from vmix into the lan is ndi. Settings-->output/ndi/srt-->additional ndi outputs. Then maybe this signal go to kiloview and kiloview converts it to something else.