logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hazza  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2023 2:17:56 PM(UTC)
Hazza

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hello!

I was wondering if there was any way to add an audio output capture instead of an audio input capture in vMix? I want to capture audio that isn't affected by whatever volume I have it set to inside of Voicemeeter, OBS lets me do it just fine, please see the video below for further explanation:

Also it's not the main issue I'm having but from what I can tell there is also some audio delay when capturing the audio input in vMix, idk if that's just something I've done wrong though. You can visually see this at the 52 second mark in the video when I'm moving the slider

Thanks!
mtone  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2023 5:34:31 PM(UTC)
mtone

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
this looks like some naming variation in the way drivers are being displayed...

in the vMix there are two drop down boxes for the audio input.. the top dialog is labelled Audio Device (which you were selecting in the video) sometimes it can populate further options in the dialog beneath it (which has no label).. have you tried selecting all the different voicemeter options from "Audio Device" and see if anything populates below ? looking at your video i see the option called "voicemeter virtual ASIO" and "VAIO3 virtual ASIO" both of those look like they might offer extra options..

im not sure how the routing is setup between voicemeter and other applications but if the driver is visible in OBS it should be visible in the vMix.. i would go though and select each voicemeter option and try them all, process of elimination..
Hazza  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2023 6:13:32 PM(UTC)
Hazza

United Kingdom

I've went through all of them and for some of the options it did populate the lower box, which was labelled Audio Channels which pretty much only gave options for left, center, right etc and none of them gave me the outcome I was looking for. From what I can tell, I think vMix only gives you the option to add input devices as inputs and not output devices like in OBS. I also see that in the Windows Playback list and Recording list they are 2 seperate devices with different names, so I'm pretty sure vMix just doesn't have the functionality.

Example:
https://imgur.com/a/XZBgHT5

I found an article from vMix support which is "Recording the system audio in vMix" and the article tells you to use Stereo Mix as an input which is not ideal for me:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...the-system-audio-in-vmix
mtone  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2023 10:54:13 PM(UTC)
mtone

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
you might be right.. i dont have voice meter installed and couldnt test anything right now so im just guessing.. i had seen the extra driver options in the lower dialog catch people out previously so i thought id mention it... sorry i cant be any more help.. maybe someone from the vMix will chime in..
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2023 8:50:15 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Hazza

Is there any other Audio Input that you need/want to hear at full volume in your headphones at the same time?
If not, then simply lower the Headphone volume knob on Master Audio.
If so, then simply lower the Headphone volume knob of the Input itself (as opposed to "Mute in Headphones").
Alternatively (if I have misunderstood the issue), you are able to enable NDI for Audio Inputs and Outputs that can then be brought back into vMix as independent Inputs (although, there will be a slight delay from the original).

Ice