logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sev  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 2:38:54 PM(UTC)
Sev

Groups: Registered
United States

How can I send a midi message from Vmix to Cantabile software via loopmidi to start a song when a input starts in vmix. The only midi device that shows up in vmix is loopmidi to connect with cantabile. I can send from cantabile and control vmix with shortcuts but would be advantageous to do the other way around.
It seems you have to with activators but I don’t see cantabile on the list there.
Thanks for the help
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2023 12:45:53 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sev Go to Quoted Post
How can I send a midi message from Vmix to Cantabile software via loopmidi to start a song when a input starts in vmix. The only midi device that shows up in vmix is loopmidi to connect with cantabile. I can send from cantabile and control vmix with shortcuts but would be advantageous to do the other way around.
It seems you have to with activators but I don’t see cantabile on the list there.
Thanks for the help

Hello. Activators in vmix dont do what you need. See this video

An idea to do what you need is if cantabile can accept like vmix, control from http requests. If so, you can go to vmix-->add input-->web browser and add the command you need. Then you can run it in vmix with a shortcut or trigger.
If not accept like this, then if it accepts normal shortcuts, i dont know if possible to do something in vmix with vb.net scripting. Do a script that for example that when you run it, emulate the keyboard shortcut that you press in cantabile and do the thing you need. Or maybe you can something with the programm called autohotkey and somehow combine it with vmix and cantabile
Sev  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2023 3:09:59 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

Thanks nikosman88. I unfamiliar with those functions yet but I’ll check it out. I think it probable has to be some sort of midi message thru loopmidi though.
Thanks again
Sev  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2023 9:48:16 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

So I setup cantabile to a web browser, and added an input in vmix with the web address for cantabile. What trigger do I use now to get the tracks in cantabile to start with vmix? Thanks
Peter1000  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2023 7:35:00 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I don’t know cantabile at all but a short google search shows, that cantabile has a html api, similar to vmix.
You can write a small script in vmix (several tutorial videos how to write scripts in vmix on youtube)
I found a command to start a audio engine in cantabile. See example script below.
Code:
 Dim client = WebRequest.Create("http://localhost:35007/api/engine/start“)
Dim response = client.GetResponse()
response.Close

this script sends the cantabile command.
Use the trigger function from the desired input to start the vmix-script.

A list of the cantabile commands here:
https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/netapi/

If you know scripting/trigger, this is easy to implement, if not, it is probably the moment to learn it.
Sev  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 10:04:03 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

Thanks for the responses. I apologize, I know nothing of scripts or web Ui. I hope to learn but it's really confusing to me. The tutorials on scripting inside of Vmix are easy enough to follow, but info on using scripts to control another program are hard to come by. In Cantabile I enabled the network server, and I can see the setlist. In Vmix I created a web browser input and put in the URL and now I can see Cantabiles Setlist in Cantabiles Web Browsers input. So, from there I'm lost. How do I make Vmix play each Cantabile song in order when Vmix starts each corresponding song? (I only have the audio playing in vmix to keep it synced to the video)
Is this the easiest way to use Web Browser input or is it easier to use scripts from the settings menu?
Also, do I need to set the web controller in vmix to the same web site address as cantabile for them to communicate?
I guess I don't understand the workflow. Do you write a script in Vmix and send it to cantabile and then write a script in cantabile telling it what to do there, or do I use the script Peter1000 suggested in Vmix and send it to cantabile and thats it. If so, how do I send it to cantabile from vmix. I'm so confused. I can get help on the Cantabile end in their forum once I figure out how to get the commands from vmix to cantabile. Thanks a bunch, guys, I really appreciate it.
nikosman88  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 7:45:51 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)

Anyway you can try a trigger in the vmix input video. Try to place a trigger intransitionin --> browser reload and select the input vmix browser.
Also the way you need to do things, i have a feeling that vmix is not 100% the tool to do what you need
Roy Sinclair  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2023 7:16:06 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Please note that you can start a script via a trigger on an input. A script can then run a simple command line program to send a Midi note so with the proper midi connections the other program ought to be able to receive that note.
Sev  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2023 9:02:32 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

Thanks Roy. I could send a midi cc message to Cantabile via loopmidi virtual connection. Any idea what a scrip would look like to send a midi cc message to cantabile? From there I can create a binding to start the next song along with vmix.
Thanks
Sev  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2023 6:35:00 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

Can someone please tell me how to write a script to send a Midi CC message from VMix using loopmidi to another program? VMix sees loopmidi.