logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
furtive  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 6:12:51 AM(UTC)
furtive

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
My use case:
- I have 10 groups of elements, which are all hidden on transition in
- I have a cell in my data source for each group
- When the corresponding cell is changed, I want that group to fly in

In GT Title Designer, I:
- Set each group to "Hidden" in animation for "TransitionIn"
- Set each specific group to "Fly" animation for "OnDataChangeOut (Corresponding Data Field.Text)"

When I test this:
- On transition in, all groups are hidden (great!)
- When I change the value of the first group's particular cell in the data source, that group flies in (great)...
- But that also causes all of the other groups to pop in visibly (bad!)

When I look, the animation for each of the other groups, on any given OnDataChangeOut (Other Group's Data Field.Text), is simply 'None'. But obviously, changing this to something would ALSO be wrong. I don't want popping in one to hide something else that's already there.

Is there not a valid approach to my use case in GT Title Designer? Is something bugged? Is my approach wrong? Any/all help appreciated :)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 5:38:07 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: furtive Go to Quoted Post
My use case:
- I have 10 groups of elements, which are all hidden on transition in
- I have a cell in my data source for each group
- When the corresponding cell is changed, I want that group to fly in

In GT Title Designer, I:
- Set each group to "Hidden" in animation for "TransitionIn"
- Set each specific group to "Fly" animation for "OnDataChangeOut (Corresponding Data Field.Text)"

When I test this:
- On transition in, all groups are hidden (great!)
- When I change the value of the first group's particular cell in the data source, that group flies in (great)...
- But that also causes all of the other groups to pop in visibly (bad!)

When I look, the animation for each of the other groups, on any given OnDataChangeOut (Other Group's Data Field.Text), is simply 'None'. But obviously, changing this to something would ALSO be wrong. I don't want popping in one to hide something else that's already there.

Is there not a valid approach to my use case in GT Title Designer? Is something bugged? Is my approach wrong? Any/all help appreciated :)

its a GT title quirk ;-)

Easiest/simplest solution ( based on your decription) is to have each layer(group) saved as a separate title and put as layers in a transparent input
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
furtive on 8/8/2023(UTC)
furtive  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 5:46:33 PM(UTC)
furtive

United States

Aw that's disappointing :(

I wonder if it will ever be fixed in a future version...

But thank you for the tip. It's not ideal, but I see how that would work!

My specific use case (I didn't specify this before) ended up allowing for a static order in which the groups are flown in. So I used animation pages, but that was very tedious to configure for all ten groups.

In the event that I need to support a dynamic order, I will definitely try your idea out!
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 6:33:28 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

My specific use case (I didn't specify this before) ended up allowing for a static order in which the groups are flown in. So I used animation pages, but that was very tedious to configure for all ten groups.

In the event that I need to support a dynamic order, I will definitely try your idea out!

Always some important information missing in Original posts ;-)

Sounds like some animated Ranking type of list . Gt title is not suited for that (static sure see example in the basic vMix titles) .
Either some external graphics software or using legacy vMix XAML titles with code behind would be a better option
furtive  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 6:51:01 PM(UTC)
furtive

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Always some important information missing in Original posts ;-)

Sounds like some animated Ranking type of list . Gt title is not suited for that (static sure see example in the basic vMix titles) .
Either some external graphics software or using legacy vMix XAML titles with code behind would be a better option

I see that GT, as it is, does not support this well. But it's still odd that the DataChangeOut functionality simply does not behave as a user expects, and I guess I don't want that purpose of the post to be lost.

Because whether or not a static order would be accepted by my client, this was still what I would consider a bug.