logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Roy Sinclair  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2023 9:11:12 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)

We use vMix in our Church auditorium to play videos to both our local audience and our live stream audience just like so many others here do.

Our local sound of course is run through our sound board which is connected to vMix using ASIO and audio from vMix that is to be heard by the local audience is fed to Audio Bus A and we have another input that is the audio from the sound board which is fed back to vMix for the live stream audience.

If we are not playing an MP3 audio file, web page with audio or a video we normally keep audio bus A shut down so as to not accidentally feed unwanted sounds to the mixer board.

However a few months ago we started having all manner of sound not playing when expected problems and I ended up manually turning on Bus A for all the vMix inputs that might play sounds because they were not being sent to the mixer board if I did not.

Finally looking into the problem I noted and have doubled checked, the triggers for Audio Buses to be turned on and off are being ignored. I thought well maybe I should have switched to the new BusXAudioOn and BusXAudioOff triggers but those too are ignored.

This has been going on for a few releases of vMix, am I then only one who's been using this?
WaltG12  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 4:42:37 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I wrote an entire troubleshooting procedure for your problem before I realized that you seem to be talking about multiple different things, which I feel like might actually be your problem.

Originally Posted by: Roy Sinclair Go to Quoted Post
I ended up manually turning on Bus A for all the vMix inputs that might play sounds because they were not being sent to the mixer board if I did not.

doesn't mesh with

Originally Posted by: Roy Sinclair Go to Quoted Post
I thought well maybe I should have switched to the new BusXAudioOn and BusXAudioOff triggers but those too are ignored.

"BusXAudio", BusXAudioOn", "BusXAudioOff", "BusAAudio", "BusAAudioOn", and "BusAAudioOff" all control the mute/unmute of the Bus itself. They have no effect on what audio does or doesn't get sent to the bus.

The commands to send (or not send) input audio to a specific bus are "AudioBus", "AudioBusOn", and "AudioBusOff".

The former will cause the speaker indicator on the Bus itself to turn on/off.

The latter will cause the "A" indicator on a designated input to turn on/off.

Which behavior are you trying to achieve and not able to?

I just tested both and both worked as expected. I also often use both with various buses and have not yet had a problem.

And, of course, issues actually getting the audio to work like you want it to is going to be a completely different problem than whether or not vMix is acknowledging triggers/shortcuts and causing the indicators to light up appropriately.

if everything lights up like it should, then the problem is going to be outside of vMix recognizing/not recognizing the commands.