logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barkley  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 4:03:26 PM(UTC)
barkley

Groups: Registered
Italy

Hello I tried to find if the topic was already been discussed, but I didn't find anything.. maybe I'm not good in reseasch....
I'm starting to understand how scripts work with VMix. I was trying to understand if the thing I'd like to do is possible with scripts or in a different way.

Of course I take datas for my titles from a data source. The title I'm working in is a goal scorer graphic which shows the name of the player who actually scored the goal and the names of who did the assist. In case the filed of the assist is empty because the goal is Unassisted, I'd like to write Unassisted in the graphic. Is there a way to do that with scripts or in a different way?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 4:19:00 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barkley Go to Quoted Post
Hello I tried to find if the topic was already been discussed, but I didn't find anything.. maybe I'm not good in reseasch....
I'm starting to understand how scripts work with VMix. I was trying to understand if the thing I'd like to do is possible with scripts or in a different way.

Of course I take datas for my titles from a data source. The title I'm working in is a goal scorer graphic which shows the name of the player who actually scored the goal and the names of who did the assist. In case the filed of the assist is empty because the goal is Unassisted, I'd like to write Unassisted in the graphic. Is there a way to do that with scripts or in a different way?

script reads content of assisted field, if empty settext to "Unassisted". based on that one can let the scrptdo other things like hide the assisted graphics)
barkley  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 4:51:18 PM(UTC)
barkley

Italy

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

script reads content of assisted field, if empty settext to "Unassisted". based on that one can let the scrptdo other things like hide the assisted graphics)

It is exactly what I'd need but I have no idea on how to set this text if the field is empty.. c an you give me some advices on how to do that?

sorry but I'm learning.. I'm a newbie
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 6:32:38 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

It is exactly what I'd need but I have no idea on how to set this text if the field is empty.. c an you give me some advices on how to do that?

There is a big post in this forum "scripting for dummies" that will help you on the way (starnge you didnt find it ;-) )!

Code:
do while true
   dim TextCheck as string  = Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip").Text("Description.Text" ) 
   if TextCheck = ""
     API.Function("SetText",Input:="Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip" ,SelectedName:="Description.Text",Value:="is empty")
   end if 
loop
barkley  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 6:34:57 PM(UTC)
barkley

Italy

There is a big post in this forum "scripting for dummies" that will help you on the way (starnge you didnt find it ;-) )!

Code:
do while true
   dim TextCheck as string  = Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip").Text("Description.Text" ) 
   if TextCheck = ""
     API.Function("SetText",Input:="Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip" ,SelectedName:="Description.Text",Value:="is empty")
   end if 
loop

thank you.. i checked the scripting for dummies but I didn't see this one..
doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 6:54:25 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

No but all the functions used here are used in some form or another in exampl scripts , cant expect to have a script ready for any situation. They are examples, tips, tricks to learn from !
barkley  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 6:58:32 PM(UTC)
barkley

Italy

No but all the functions used here are used in some form or another in exampl scripts , cant expect to have a script ready for any situation. They are examples, tips, tricks to learn from !

of course, I mean I didn't find the example I needed. Now I'm trying and the challenge is to see what I'm doing wrong )))