logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TL68  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2023 10:33:10 PM(UTC)
TL68

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!

I wonder if it is possible to arrange a setup where callers can chose from a number of constant and fixed Vmix calls which then are routed to different Vmix installations in different control rooms?
This to avoid thje need to distribute different call url:s to callers depending on which control room is broadcasting, making it complicated if control rooms are changed shortly before broadcasting. Instead the controlrum can choose which caller to broadcast.
Hope I managed to explain what I am asking for :-).
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2023 11:07:42 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
The maximum number of vmix calls in a vmix preset is 8 calls. So you can have a preset that will include 8 vmix calls pre-fixed and you can share everytime these same urls. If same guest every time can have same url/vmix call number.
The way you say it, i dont know if possible to do. Also you need a frontend app or something like that in which you will have a list with the vmix call numbers/urls and somehow this list will be published to your guests. Then a guest can choose one from these numbers/urls and this url/vmix call number must be marked as "in use" or "free slot" so the next guest will know if possible to select this url or another from list
Also different vmix installations means 8 vmix calls per vmix installation and then you can route them via ndi in your master vmix installation
mavik  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2023 11:55:40 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Wat you need is a greenroom to collect callers and send them to fixed targets. This is nothing that calls will ive you out of the box. And different destintions using te same call details will lead to issues as well.
The option with calls I can think of is one call installation for 8 callers. Enable NDI per source and send the NDI over NDI Bridge to the target broadcsting rooms. You then need some logic to ensure that one one caller cn use the same details once. Otherwise it will be a mass.
sunkast  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2023 4:10:04 AM(UTC)
sunkast

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
If you are looking for a vMix Call like solution that offers more features, check out Gnural Net LiveToAir One or VDO.Ninja.

VDO.Ninja is free and I think you might be able to achieve the green room type of feature that you are looking for. But it will take quite a bit of work to setup as there is definitely a learning curve. And you'll likely need at least 2 powerful computers to pull it off.

LiveToAir is a great solution that can definitely have a green room. It offers a ton of features but also is not free.
TL68  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2023 7:29:08 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sunkast Go to Quoted Post
If you are looking for a vMix Call like solution that offers more features, check out Gnural Net LiveToAir One or VDO.Ninja.

VDO.Ninja is free and I think you might be able to achieve the green room type of feature that you are looking for. But it will take quite a bit of work to setup as there is definitely a learning curve. And you'll likely need at least 2 powerful computers to pull it off.

LiveToAir is a great solution that can definitely have a green room. It offers a ton of features but also is not free.

Thanks for those suggestions. Will check them out :-)!