logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mediaman99  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2023 10:21:02 PM(UTC)
Mediaman99

Groups: Registered

Hi there, I am currently using Streamdeck with Bitfocus Companion and Vmix to run a small show.

I´m having some head scratching moments, namely with the presets.

I have a play and pause button, but it only works if I choose out an input. If I have 10 videos, does that mean I need to input each of them in Play/Pause button´s actions?

Another issue I have is, I would like a timecode for the videos so I know when it will finish playing, but it also only shows Input 1, instead of whatever video that is currently playing, is that actuallx correct or did I miss out something?

Thanks everyone!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2023 11:05:36 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Thought #1: You can use a dynamic input for the video (1-10) and use the play/pause buttons with the dynamic input.

Thought #2: The duration, in/out is visible when the video is live or in preview in the interface. Is that enough for you.
Mediaman99  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2023 11:20:05 PM(UTC)
Mediaman99

Does that mean I cannot write the input as Video 1 to 10? Because I want to have one button to play and pause, not 10.

mavik  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2023 12:30:22 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Minimal number of buttons is one per source (10) and play/pause toggle (1). So a minimum of 11 buttons is needed with dynamic inputs.

And 10 buttons (playpause) for just direct approach.

Or you use the preview or program source for the playpause.
Hypohamish  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2023 12:42:49 AM(UTC)
Hypohamish

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
To play/pause a video:

A) Are you putting them into program? If so, just enable (on the input) the tickbox to play them automatically

B) If you're not putting them into program because you're doing some other solution, then on your Companion button, tick the box that says 'affect preview instead of inputs' - then provided you have the video in Preview, then it'll play.

C) If you're not even putting the videos in preview, nor your main program output, I'd like to understand *what* your use case actually is to better understand how to make it play/pause, but you could use something like a List or Mix Input to try and achieve it with minimal buttons.

Also, not to steer away from the vMix forum, but there is a dedicated Bitfocus Companion group on Facebook where you may get faster help.
Dist  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2023 3:19:12 AM(UTC)
Dist

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mediaman99 Go to Quoted Post
I have a play and pause button, but it only works if I choose out an input. If I have 10 videos, does that mean I need to input each of them in Play/Pause button´s actions?

Are you trying to play/pause all 10 videos at the same time? If so just add multiple Play / Pause actions on that same button, each pointing to a different video.
If you want to control each individually, you could have 1 play/pause button, and then a button to select each input (either as a custom variable in Companion, or a Dynamic Input in vMix), and then the play/pause button will just reference that custom variable/dynamic input.

Originally Posted by: Mediaman99 Go to Quoted Post

Another issue I have is, I would like a timecode for the videos so I know when it will finish playing, but it also only shows Input 1, instead of whatever video that is currently playing, is that actuallx correct or did I miss out something?

If you want the duration, time remaining, or anything like that as text on the button then there are instance variables for each input, as well as dynamic inputs, and preview/program.

For example, if I write onto a button $(vmix:input_vt1_remaining) it will give the time remaining on an input called 'vt1'. I could use the inputs key, number, or name.
Or I could use $(vmix:dynamic_input_1_remaining) and it'll show the time remaining on whatever is the dynamic input 1, and automatically change when the dynamic input changes.

If you want more than just the time remaining you can also use the `Video - Video Timer` feedback on the button and that will change the text colour if the time remaining is under 30s, and under 10s.