logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
floh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2023 7:39:28 PM(UTC)
floh

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hi vMix community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out here today because I'm facing an issue with automatic audio mixing in vMix, and I could really use some guidance from the experienced users and experts in this community.

I'm currently working on a project where I have set up two inputs, let's call them A and B, which are used for the output. This setup allows me to switch between both inputs seamlessly. Additionally, I have another mix-input, C, which enables me to switch between Inputs E and F for more versatility.

Here's the detailed setup:
1. Input A includes Input D.
2. Input B includes Input C, effectively containing one of both Inputs E or F.

The problem arises when I use Input A as the output source. In this case, the audio from Input D is correctly used, and everything works as expected.

However, the issue arises when I use Input B as the output source. In this scenario, no audio is being used, and I expect the audio to be set to either Input E or F, depending on the currently active mix in Input C.

I have tried tweaking various audio settings in vMix to resolve the issue, but unfortunately, I haven't had any success so far. The automatic audio mixing feature seems to work fine with Input A, but it's not behaving as expected when using Input B.

"Toggle automatic audio mixing for this input" is enabled for Input D, E and F.

I'm quite certain that the solution to this problem lies in some specific configuration or setting that I might be overlooking. Therefore, I'm turning to this community for assistance. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or knows the right steps to ensure automatic audio mixing works correctly with Input B, I would be extremely grateful for your help.

Any suggestions, insights, or troubleshooting tips are more than welcome. Your expertise and advice will not only help me overcome this obstacle but may also assist others who might face a similar situation in the future.

Thank you all in advance for your time and support. I'm looking forward to your responses and hoping to find a resolution to this issue soon.

Best regards,
Floh

PS: I have to admit that I want to run tests again, but currently, I'm on air.
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 9:00:02 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Your post is quiet confusing to me.
The audio follows video (automix) is working as expected at my end, but only on mix 1. All other sub-mixes ignore it.
Please detail more clearly.
floh  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2023 8:34:08 PM(UTC)
floh

Germany

Hi Mavik,

sorry I thought I already gave detailed information. But you already said "All other sub-mixes ignore it." which I'm talking about.

Now I found out there https://www.vmix.com/help25/index.htm?Mix.html

Quote:
The Mix input is intended as a basic video mixer/switcher only, as a result the following features are not available:

• Stinger transitions
  • Overlays (inputs can still be setup manually through the standard input MultiView feature)
  • Auto play/pause/restart of inputs. (This is to prevent unexpected situations where inputs are used by both the main mix and an input mix)
  • Audio auto mixing.
  • T-Bar transitions

So it's not possible. Maybe I should learn about triggers, but I'm not sure if trigger will work with submix. Or do you have better workaround without external tools like Stream Deck (Companion)?

Best regards
Floh