logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nuno  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 2:11:24 AM(UTC)
Nuno

Groups: Registered
Portugal

Hi,
I ve been using VMIX for a while and using GT Title Designer and Data sources to create sport leaderboards with some sucess.

Actually I am having an issue I cant solve

1. I iam using XML files in Data source manager
2. I created a new dedicated gtzip template, with 8 lines for the results with no issues
3. In VMIX I link the title with data source with no issues

Question is: Every time a new competition begins, a new XML is generated and I need to change it in Data sources Manager. As all the XML files have the same format (columns) its a smooth process.

But XML files dont always have the same amount of lines. If I worked with an xml file with lets say 8 competitors, the title is generated with the 8 lines as result. But when I change for a new xml file with only 5 competitors (5 lines), title will change the initial 5 results (ok), but the 6th, 7th and 8th results od the previous xml file are still showing. (i want the title to fill lines 6, 7 and 8 with blanks.

Any ideas how to solve this?
thanks in advance

doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 2:29:32 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nuno Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I ve been using VMIX for a while and using GT Title Designer and Data sources to create sport leaderboards with some sucess.

Actually I am having an issue I cant solve

1. I iam using XML files in Data source manager
2. I created a new dedicated gtzip template, with 8 lines for the results with no issues
3. In VMIX I link the title with data source with no issues

Question is: Every time a new competition begins, a new XML is generated and I need to change it in Data sources Manager. As all the XML files have the same format (columns) its a smooth process.

But XML files dont always have the same amount of lines. If I worked with an xml file with lets say 8 competitors, the title is generated with the 8 lines as result. But when I change for a new xml file with only 5 competitors (5 lines), title will change the initial 5 results (ok), but the 6th, 7th and 8th results od the previous xml file are still showing. (i want the title to fill lines 6, 7 and 8 with blanks.

Any ideas how to solve this?
thanks in advance

if you have acces or control of the XML creation add Blank data rows to the XML file
Other option is to clear the GT Title fields before repopulating

Title fields only update when there is a change in the data
Nuno  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 2:44:50 AM(UTC)
Nuno

Portugal

Hi, thanks!
XML files are being given to me in the day of competition, so i cant control then or even add blank lines (i know this would solve it...)

Regarding your hint: "Other option is to clear the GT Title fields before repopulating"
Is there any way of doing it quickly without having to delete the fields manually in title editor? (it could be more than 12 per line...)

Thanks
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 3:12:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nuno Go to Quoted Post

Regarding your hint: "Other option is to clear the GT Title fields before repopulating"
Is there any way of doing it quickly without having to delete the fields manually in title editor? (it could be more than 12 per line...)

Having a script that writes blank data to each text field would be. The title will not loose its datasource connection (will update with data from datasource after its data has changed !)

BTW. vMix scripting (vb.net) can handle reading XML files and sending its data (or blank additional data) to titles directly or write new XML files based on the imported/read XML ( for adding blank row data) etc