logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoshTheRadioDude  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2023 6:57:40 AM(UTC)
JoshTheRadioDude

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

If this has been answered before, I apologize. I may not have searched for the correct terms to bring it up.

I'm designing a lower third graphic with three lines of text, and it's going to be fed with a spreadsheet. Each row of the sheet will constitute a "set" of data so that, when we advance down the rows, an entirely different set of data will appear in the graphic. However, the second line needs to automatically cycle through different columns in the row every five seconds. So to lay this out:

1. The graphic is brought in and all three lines fade in. Line 1 is Column A, Line 2 is Column C, and Line 3 is Column B.
  2. 5 seconds pass
  3. The data from Column C in Line 2 fades out, and the data from Column D fades in on Line 2.
  4. 5 seconds pass
  5. Column D data in Line 2 fades out, Column E data fades in.
  6. 5 seconds pass
  7. Column E data in Line 2 fades out, Column F data fades in.
  8. 3 seconds pass.
  9. The next row loads in, starting with Column C in Line 2 again.
  10. Lather, rinse, repeat
  11. The graphic is brought out, and whatever data is currently displaying in Line 2 fades out with it.

Now, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to do this in the data sources setup, it will only automate cycling through rows or columns as a whole. Is this something that can be done through scripting somehow?

Alternatively, the other possibility I can think of is to use the individual data in and out animations in GT Titler and hide the text lines associated with each specific column in every page where they shouldn't be visible, but I'm not aware of a way to automatically cycle through pages every five seconds, either. Has anyone attempted and succeeded at such a thing?

The reason we need to do this is that we want to have a simple setup for our talent to be able to change the data in the graphics while they're presenting on camera rather than having someone do it in the control room... something like a single button on a StreamDeck just outside the shot. We have several different columns to show in that second line in each row, and we're not going to make them push a button every five seconds to cycle through it all repeatedly; that would just be ridiculous.

If anyone has any ideas that I haven't mentioned here, I appreciate any input and help. I know GT Titler is still mostly just a basic motion graphics design program, not a full-blown CG animation suite, but I feel like this would be a rather useful, simple function.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2023 5:28:05 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Combination of Pages and scripting calling the pages/timedelays/advance datasource started by trigger when comming into overlay

QUICKY:

PagesFade.jpg (23kb) downloaded 0 time(s).