logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IAmAkkim  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2023 11:02:36 PM(UTC)
IAmAkkim

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been working on a solution for recording live bowling. In this setup, I commonly have a Mic or Mics that are dedicated to commentators, but then I have ambient mics that are setup for ambient noise, mic'd up bowlers, etc.

I also use Instant Replay for the obvious reasons.

While I do enjoy being able to stream this live on-site to multiple services, I'd love to be able to get the video recorded flat, separately.. while having the various audio tracks split off into WAV files for various elements.

I know this is pretty much what Multicorder is designed to do - but given that I have to use Instant Replay.. am I just SOL or does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
--Micah
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2023 11:49:17 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Using Audio Buses (and depending on how many you already use), you should be able to record at least four single audio sources additionally to your Master mix, via the WAV record option and using the Audio Matrix to send different sources to different channels on the buses. Or use a different audio bus than Master for your stream, and you should be able to even record six channels. https://www.vmix.com/hel...OutputAudioChannels.html

And, instead of "Multicordering" you can export real long replay events of your different camera angles afterwards.

Not perfect, but offers possibilities.
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.
IAmAkkim on 7/21/2023(UTC)
IAmAkkim  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 4:43:34 AM(UTC)
IAmAkkim

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just wanted to come back here to say THANK YOU!

Took me a bit to make sense of it (and even more time to figure out why a recorded mp4 with WAV output clicked gets no audio).. but now I have two recordings going.

One a full .MP4 recording...
the second a tine MP4 recording with .WAV output enabled.

I then load up the full .MP4, remove the audio... and then load the .WAV file as an input once for each audio bus.. and VOILA.

Amazing, thank you again!