logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adambou  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 11:30:27 PM(UTC)
adambou

Groups: Registered
Australia

I will be doing a conference with a guest speaker who will be talking and showing a powerpoint..

Ideally, I would like to have their powerpoint full screen and a small picture in picture of their video feed overlaid. Ideally they will control the powerpoint as well.

Im not sure this can be done.

If I have a copy of their powerpoint I could play it and use their video call feed as a Picture in Picture overlay but then it means I have to forward slide to slide and I might not know when to do that - would be better if they did.

Any help would be appreciated.

IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 11:50:24 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ adambou,

Would best be accomplished with a vMix to vMix Call (vMix at both ends), but it does mean that your guest would have to know how to use vMix and be able to set that special effect up on their end.
There are also several other ways to accomplish this, such as the method you suggest with the PowerPoint at your end, but being controlled by the presenter at their end with some "advanced" port forwarding techniques that provides your guest with access to your computer or network to advance slides as required.
Other options might include incorporating ZOOM or TEAMs into vMix which tend to provide "better" screen share captures than a video screen capture in vMix.
In the end, there is no "easy" or pre-configured way to do this, but it is possible.

Ice
adambou  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 11:58:33 PM(UTC)
adambou

Australia

If I was to run the powerpoint I would do it through Vmix as an input and in that case I don't think they could control it remotely? I played around with screen share feature of Vmix and think the simpler it is their end the better. Are zoom calls easy to incorporate?
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2023 1:15:42 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Alternatively, there are also solutions like Internetclicker or OctoCue. They allow you to run the PowerPoint on your site (put it via eg. NDI into vMix), and your speaker to forward it remotely.
mgrayeb  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2023 8:08:57 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
Alternatively, there are also solutions like Internetclicker or OctoCue. They allow you to run the PowerPoint on your site (put it via eg. NDI into vMix), and your speaker to forward it remotely.

I use internetclicker frequently and it works great. I install that on another computer on my network, and, as you mentioned, bring it into my production via NDI.

The remote presenter easily advances the slides on their end via their smartphone. They simply type in internetclicker.com on their phone's browser and enter the access code I give them and they have the clicker to advance the slides.
thanks 1 user thanked mgrayeb for this useful post.
adambou on 6/30/2023(UTC)
DougieDK  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2023 12:24:29 AM(UTC)
DougieDK

Denmark

Use Internet-clicker as suggested or have the caller use two computers and make two vMix Calls. One for the webcam and one for the PowerPoint. Or a Phone and a computer.

-Gary
sunkast  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2023 3:58:38 AM(UTC)
sunkast

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
One other option is if you have Centrol Control Elite, you can create a web panel with a back and next button to control the slides, port forward the panel, and give the guest the WAN address to the web panel. It's similar to Internetclicker albeit without some of the features. But for anyone that already has CC Elite, it essentially performs the same core task. You could even set it up with a no-ip to make the address easier to remember than your WAN IP.