logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
presidiodog  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2023 3:18:09 PM(UTC)
presidiodog

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I have a title that has 120 individual entries that reference cells in an Excel sheet. Is there a way to edit the title without have to go through the title editor to make 120 individual changes to selct column, row and cell?
Maybe an XML file or something, that the title is referencing? it takes forever to change all 120 entries if I have to add another field to the Title

In this example, I have to make 60 entries int he "driver" column, then another 60 entries int he right hand column. If I am referencing another sheet using a virtual input of this title, I have to go through all 120 entries by hand, and change which sheet it uses.

Also, if I want to add a 3rd column to each section, I have to do another manual 60 entries.

Image: Screenshot 2023-06-05 221439.jpg (246kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2023 5:22:50 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: presidiodog Go to Quoted Post
I have a title that has 120 individual entries that reference cells in an Excel sheet. Is there a way to edit the title without have to go through the title editor to make 120 individual changes to selct column, row and cell?
Maybe an XML file or something, that the title is referencing? it takes forever to change all 120 entries if I have to add another field to the Title

Assuming it's a GT title and copy /paste (autonumbers) is not an option, save it as a *.gtxml file and edit with a texteditor
presidiodog  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2023 11:40:23 PM(UTC)
presidiodog

Man
United States

I extracted the file, but everything in these files is just long numbers. The "Document XML" file is the only one that references anything that i recognize, but doesn't seem to show the reference to the Excel sheet.
I changed the file extension to .txt so it can be uploaded. I appreciate your help in advance. :-)

document.txt (45kb) downloaded 8 time(s). 721ef52a-e603-4cf5-b77a-9b3270c0177b.txt (2,119kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 8:40:42 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I extracted the file, but everything in these files is just long numbers. The "Document XML" file is the only one that references anything that i recognize, but doesn't seem to show the reference to the Excel sheet.
I changed the file extension to .txt so it can be uploaded. I appreciate your help in advance. :-)

document.txt (45kb) downloaded 8 time(s). 721ef52a-e603-4cf5-b77a-9b3270c0177b.txt (2,119kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Hello. What kind of are the changes you need to make?
presidiodog  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 12:47:15 PM(UTC)
presidiodog

Man
United States

Each line has 3 pieces of info that the Title will pull from the Excel spreadsheet. Driver name, team name and fastest lap time. In some cases, a few more pieces of info such as an image path link for a country flag and a driver image. Each of those individual inputs, requires me to click each individual text block, then select the Excel sheet, then tab, then column, then row, and I have to do that for every single entry. Multiply those entries by 4-6 entries per driver, and 60+ drivers (115 last season) and I can easily spend 1.5 hours on that 1 tile.

Example.jpg (352kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
doggy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 2:05:17 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Did i not mention to save the title as a *.gtxml file (instead of a .gtzip? which is a readable (with notepad) xml type file?

btw if you name the fields in the title the same as the columns of your datasource one can automate it a bit ( see helpfiles)

Also converting the datasource rows to columns is also an option (especially for naming purposes (see helpfiles)
presidiodog  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2023 1:42:04 AM(UTC)
presidiodog

Man
United States

I guess I am not getting what your saying. I saved the file (see attached). I open in in notepad, and still looks like the xml file when saved as a zip. It is showing me the names of the fields when created in GT Title Designer, but there is no info in regards to the Data Fields. I attached a screenshot, hoping it better explains what I am doing. If the system can only let me edit using the Title Editor, then that;s fine, I just need to carve out all of the time to do it.

test.gtxml (45kb) downloaded 0 time(s). Screen Shot All.jpg (430kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
doggy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2023 1:49:55 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I guess I am not getting what your saying. I saved the file (see attached). I open in in notepad, and still looks like the xml file when saved as a zip. It is showing me the names of the fields when created in GT Title Designer, but there is no info in regards to the Data Fields. I attached a screenshot, hoping it better explains what I am doing. If the system can only let me edit using the Title Editor, then that;s fine, I just need to carve out all of the time to do it.

Titles do (can) not contain info regarding datasources , those are 2 separate enteties.
To avoid having to specify each detaail in connecting both having same names ( columns of datasource and textfield names ) helps

having datasource row change to colums ( datasource option) can also help ease the work to make connections,
will demand a lot of prep in naming all the fields correctly though , but might be worth it in the end

In general having so many fields can have a negative effect on a production for one it will be important to NOT update the datasource to frequently or one could be stuck in just (re)loading the title data
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
presidiodog on 6/8/2023(UTC)
presidiodog  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2023 2:07:43 AM(UTC)
presidiodog

Man
United States

Most (if not all) of my titles are only updated once the races are completed, so nothing is updated live really. I use a single Excel file, and have different "Titles" that access different pieces of info from the sheet when it is sorted by a certain column, then saved. See my example, where I pull the results to show the race results and then the podium image, which are both pulling from the same Excel file, and grabbing driver images, flag, text, division labels and such. It makes creating images so fast, since I never have to manually enter any names. I just enter the finishing results int he sheet, hit save, and all of my tiles update. It is cool when live on broadcast, I can quickly put in the results just as the race is ending, and have a race result and podium picture to bring up during the driver interviews.
This software is just super RAD! it does almost everything I need.
Example Results and Podium.jpg (489kb) downloaded 8 time(s).