logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike at SOTC  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2023 6:14:42 AM(UTC)
Mike at SOTC

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would like to route all 4 of my Vmix call audio channels out to separate dedicate audio faders on my audio desk. (I'm using an 8 channel wheatnet driver) I also waste one of the buses to route clip player audio to the audio desk (A Below) As you can see I am out of Buses! I need two more buses in order to get the Vmix Guest 4 output and another one for Vmix Guest 4 Mixminus. Currently, I am not able to use vMix Guest 4. Note: None of my audio mixing is does directly in vMix. All audio is mixed at the audio desk and then brought back in Channel H. (I add video delay in NDI channels for each vmix caller to resync things)

I'm open to suggestion on how I can route audio for the 4th Vmix Call.

A - Vmix Video Clip Audio
B - Vmix Guest 1 audio out
C - Vmix Guest 2 Audio out
D - Vmix Guest 3 Audio out
E - Vmix Guest 1 mixminus input
F - Vmix Guest 2 mixminus input
g - Vmix Guest 3 MixMinus input
h - Audio Desk Program In

Am I doing this wrong. Does anyone else, outboard all of their audio to an audio desk and then reinsert it premixed into vmix along with individual mix minus' created from the audio desk?

I'm sorry if this is all confusing...I could explain it much better on the phone but there is no phone number to call.

Mike
Salvatore  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2023 8:35:48 AM(UTC)
Salvatore

Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
You can use the Audio Matrix to Split the Channel of the groups

A - Vmix Video Clip Audio
B Left - Vmix Guest 1 audio out
B Right - Vmix Guest 2 Audio out
C Left - Vmix Guest 3 Audio out
C Right - Vmix Guest 4 Audio out

but you need a 16 channel audio driver
mavik  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2023 5:44:50 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
You can use a single bus for all callers. vMix is doing the mix minus itself automatically if they are on the same bus. I guess you can simplify your setup
A = video / clip, maybe you want it send to all the callers as well then enable bus F as well
B = call 1
C = call 2
D = call 3
E = call 4
F = all callers, use this as the return bus
The return audio from the desk does not need to be on a seperate bus. You may want to enable the correct busses it should go to.

With this setup you have the difficult that you need to create mix minus in the audio desk. So everything but not the stuff coming from vMix.
If you don't need to level the callers individually you can leave bus B,C,D,E and just use F to send to your audio desk.
Mike at SOTC  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2023 12:50:14 AM(UTC)
Mike at SOTC

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
You can use a single bus for all callers. vMix is doing the mix minus itself automatically if they are on the same bus. I guess you can simplify your setup
A = video / clip, maybe you want it send to all the callers as well then enable bus F as well
B = call 1
C = call 2
D = call 3
E = call 4
F = all callers, use this as the return bus
The return audio from the desk does not need to be on a seperate bus. You may want to enable the correct busses it should go to.

With this setup you have the difficult that you need to create mix minus in the audio desk. So everything but not the stuff coming from vMix.
If you don't need to level the callers individually you can leave bus B,C,D,E and just use F to send to your audio desk.

Thanks Mavic... but I really need to discuss my setup with someone on the phone because I think its too complex. Would you be available for a phone call?

I have a separate mix minus created from my audio board for each vmix caller. I need to be able to talk to each vmix caller individually and offline. So my audio board can create these seaprate mix minus paths for every caller. However, this uses up the buses very quickly.

I think what your suggesting, is letting vmix do the mixminus, but I need to be able to control each vmix caller individually on the board

thoughts?

Thanks
Mike
mavik  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2023 6:33:16 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
That shouldn't be a big problem. With some shortcuts you can have a very simple setup.
A = video/clip
B = Callers
C = Talkback (you need it on a seperate bus for the shortcuts)

inp1 = video
inp2-5 = callers
inp6 = audio desk return
inp7 = talkback

Now you can create 4 shortcuts that changes the audio return to each caller to the talkback. Set the videoCallAudioSource for the individual input to busC and when you release the button back to M or what you default it to. This steps you repeat for each individual caller.
You may want to add shortcuts for controlling who gets what and when, but that is up to you really.

I'm available for individual call or training. Just send a PM and we can arrange some time.