logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FoolOnTheHill  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2023 7:13:12 AM(UTC)
FoolOnTheHill

Groups: Registered

We generally run Vmix in this configuration:
  1. Laptop running Vmix
  2. External monitor linked via HDMI
  3. Ext. monitor set in W10 to duplicate laptop screen

On a recent Sunday morning, an errant click activated Fullscreen, which covered up the Vmix control screen (Preview, Output at the top, various inputs underneath). This happened of course on both the laptop screen and the external monitor. Alt-tabbing would show the Vmix control screen (providing the Fullscreen button we urgently needed to toggle), but, for Vmix, we could only alt-tab to the Fullscreen window, which provides no controls.

We got out of it somehow. This Sunday, I discovered that setting the Displays to Extend rather than Duplicate (in Window 10) allowed me to see the Fullscreen on one Display and the Vmix control screen on the other, so I could then toggle Fullscreen off.

Since some of our video folks are not comfortable with Extend mode, my question: is there a key combination or other trick that would allow us to toggle Fullscreen off without resorting to changing the Display settings?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2023 7:20:06 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FoolOnTheHill Go to Quoted Post

Since some of our video folks are not comfortable with Extend mode, my question: is there a key combination or other trick that would allow us to toggle Fullscreen off without resorting to changing the Display settings?

Have you checked with some of the Fullscreen shortcut functions ?

FoolOnTheHill  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2023 7:36:49 AM(UTC)
FoolOnTheHill

Thanks.

I've read up about the Fullscreen shortcuts, and it looks like we could link program an X-Controller button. If there's a pre-existing key combo, that could be even better, but that may not be the Way of Vmix.