logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ckshofner  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2023 12:57:53 AM(UTC)
ckshofner

Groups: Registered
United States

Is it possible to bring in a single XPath attribute rather than a node as a data source? I have an issue with the XML file/data I receive for a production that I think could be solved if my data source is only showing one attribute rather than an entire spreadsheet of various attributes under that node.

For example: XPath = //bsgame/team[1]/player/hitting (this brings in all baseball batting data attributes and works but not for my application since some needed attributes only display when there is a value - EX: there is no attribute for "strikeout" [@so] until someone actually strikes out so AUTO COLUMN will always find the wrong data field until it exists)

I need a working XPath with attribute: //bsgame/team[1]/player/hitting@so - returns ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

My new idea is to have one attribute to display at a time in the data source so that I can lock it to the source rather than a column.

I have no control over the XML file and was told there can be no changes made to what I receive.

Is there a way to get just one attribute? Other ideas for a solution?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2023 1:37:48 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ckshofner Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to bring in a single XPath attribute rather than a node as a data source? I have an issue with the XML file/data I receive for a production that I think could be solved if my data source is only showing one attribute rather than an entire spreadsheet of various attributes under that node.

For example: XPath = //bsgame/team[1]/player/hitting (this brings in all baseball batting data attributes and works but not for my application since some needed attributes only display when there is a value - EX: there is no attribute for "strikeout" [@so] until someone actually strikes out so AUTO COLUMN will always find the wrong data field until it exists)

I need a working XPath with attribute: //bsgame/team[1]/player/hitting@so - returns ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

My new idea is to have one attribute to display at a time in the data source so that I can lock it to the source rather than a column.

I have no control over the XML file and was told there can be no changes made to what I receive.

Is there a way to get just one attribute? Other ideas for a solution?

if an attiribute is missing you will always get an erro in vMix ( datasources)
One can however check an xpath in a script (see vb.net) and trap the "error" so one can decide what to do when the att is available or not

https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xpath_syntax.asp
doggy  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2023 1:47:38 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)