logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ProducerAnywhere  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 8:34:03 AM(UTC)
ProducerAnywhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey guys. I'm very new to vMix (trying out version 26.0.0.42), but I've come across this little issue and wonder if anyone has suggestions for how to solve it...

I created an animated lower third in GT Title Designer (with both IN and OUT animations).

Next, I nested this source into a "Multi View" source as a layer — and I added a full-screen video loop behind it as a background layer.

I want to use this full-screen, Multi View source as Overlay 4 because I need it to hide some source switching that usually happens during our "intermissions."

When I activate the original GT title source on Overlay 4, both the IN and OUT transitions function as expected (but the original title doesn't have the background video).

When I activate the Multi View source on Overlay 4, the IN transition plays — but the OUT transition doesn't play when I de-activate the Overlay 4 button. It simply fades out which doesn't look ideal... So it seems like the Multi View nesting prevents the transition OUT from triggering.

I've enabled these options in the settings for both the original GT title and the Multi View source:

• Automatically Play with Transition
  • Automatically Restart with Transition
  • Automatically Pause after Transition

Also FWIW, the GT Title source links to a Google Sheets Data Source — but I suspect that's not part of this problem.

I suppose I could embed a full screen STILL image into my GT Title, and I think that would solve it — but my client *really* wants slow-moving animated backgrounds during intermissions. I'm not very good with vMix shortcuts yet, but I imagine there may be another solution there?

Thanks for your help!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2023 5:24:36 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ProducerAnywhere Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. I'm very new to vMix (trying out version 26.0.0.42), but I've come across this little issue and wonder if anyone has suggestions for how to solve it...

I created an animated lower third in GT Title Designer (with both IN and OUT animations).

Next, I nested this source into a "Multi View" source as a layer — and I added a full-screen video loop behind it as a background layer.

I want to use this full-screen, Multi View source as Overlay 4 because I need it to hide some source switching that usually happens during our "intermissions."

When I activate the original GT title source on Overlay 4, both the IN and OUT transitions function as expected (but the original title doesn't have the background video).

When I activate the Multi View source on Overlay 4, the IN transition plays — but the OUT transition doesn't play when I de-activate the Overlay 4 button. It simply fades out which doesn't look ideal... So it seems like the Multi View nesting prevents the transition OUT from triggering.

has been like that forever

Quote:

I suppose I could embed a full screen STILL image into my GT Title, and I think that would solve it — but my client *really* wants slow-moving animated backgrounds during intermissions. I'm not very good with vMix shortcuts yet, but I imagine there may be another solution there?

convert the vid to an image sequence and use it directly within the title