logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RVtv Video  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:33:42 PM(UTC)
RVtv Video

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,

After my last attempt months ago to record a skool musical and vmix didnt record anything at all, iam terified to rely on this software, so i need some back up :)

I have 2 bm minirecorders hooked up with a canon HV30 and HV40 they spit out from hdmi and both going through atomos h2s converters.

The input settings are all the same 1080i form cams to vmix, in the menu (under the colored button in vmix) i did see before something like this 36,40,40,40 heavy floating on both cams, now i see a clean screen no numbers floating, is that okay??

And when i start vmix 14 hd, there is a slight delay on the inputs and when i reset the inputs it is okay, i had tried recording for hours with zero dropped frames.

A litlle float on 15 ms and about 20 frames i5 16 gb 2 ssd samsung pro

Can anybody confirm that this should be good, iam not very convinced and need to make some mony.

thanks in advance,

Richie

tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:10:24 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Are you running the Decklink Mini Recorder?

Are you recording the Vmix output or the Camera Input? Since you don't have 4K you can only use the Record function.

I have used the record function with no issues but I use the BM Shuttle 2 for recording. I am running 2 BM Decklink Quad Cards and I have 1 Decklink Shuttle 2 (another on the way) to record the ouput to. This works great for me.

I decided to do the recording on the BM Shuttle 2 instead of thru Vmix to because I have multiple Video Delay recordings going.

Tim
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:00:23 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Redundancy is always a good practice in professional scenarios...
I am not sure how or why vMix failed you in the past nor what floating numbers are or were.
Extensive testing should always be conducted prior to using new equipment and/or procedures, with a failsafe back-up plan should things go awry.
If you are pleased with your test results and feel confident enough that you can duplicate those results in the field, then forge ahead.
vMix is an excellent product and can mimic some very high end and high cost production tools when configured properly, and you can expect good results, but as in any situation "Murphy's Law" must always be taken into consideration. The more you familiarize yourself with the software and its capabilities, the more confident you will be in using it.

Ice
ceejay7777  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:11:45 AM(UTC)
ceejay7777

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Must admit to some nervousness in committing everything to one PC (!) after a lifetime of hardware solutions, but vMix took me through an entire thirteen-week series of a 'live' variety show without missing a beat.

As Ice says, "extensive testing" is the watchword.