logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barkley  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 12:39:45 AM(UTC)
barkley

Groups: Registered
Italy

Hello everyone, I tried to check if the question was already present in the forum but I didn't find it..
I have a timekeeping device used expecially for Ice Hockey games and I'd like to have a timing feed from the machine in order to show running time and result in a title instead of having an extra camera filming the scoreboard and cropping just the part regarding the running time..
Did someone have already the same issue and how is it possible to set up the system for that?
Thanks for any help about that
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 1:33:08 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Maybe you should check one of the Scoreboard tittles in vMix,,,, I believe that is why they were created.....
doggy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 2:23:08 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barkley Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone, I tried to check if the question was already present in the forum but I didn't find it..
I have a timekeeping device used expecially for Ice Hockey games and I'd like to have a timing feed from the machine in order to show running time and result in a title instead of having an extra camera filming the scoreboard and cropping just the part regarding the running time..
Did someone have already the same issue and how is it possible to set up the system for that?
Thanks for any help about that

How is the device sending the data out and under what form ?

barkley  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 6:50:07 PM(UTC)
barkley

Italy

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

it's an old device and it looks like they can install a serial port on it. I'm waiting for infos about the protocol that should come out of the serial.. but before I start all the process I was looking for some infos on VMix side.. let's pretend I have a timing device and a serial port on it.. how should it be connected to VMix? How VMix can read that? Should I need a software in between transforming datas in a VMix readble format? Is it something I can do directly in VMix? I miss some basic infos on that..
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 6:57:29 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

it's an old device and it looks like they can install a serial port on it. I'm waiting for infos about the protocol that should come out of the serial.. but before I start all the process I was looking for some infos on VMix side.. let's pretend I have a timing device and a serial port on it.. how should it be connected to VMix? How VMix can read that? Should I need a software in between transforming datas in a VMix readble format? Is it something I can do directly in VMix? I miss some basic infos on that..

WHn you have the protocol have a small external application to read the serial , extract the data needed and send it to vMix (title) through a httprequest
barkley  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2023 3:59:28 AM(UTC)
barkley

Italy

WHn you have the protocol have a small external application to read the serial , extract the data needed and send it to vMix (title) through a httprequest

thanks doggy

markleman  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2023 12:32:17 AM(UTC)
markleman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you manage to get the protocol have a look at the code I posted here https://forums.vmix.com/...protocol-from-scoreboard as a good start.

Regards,
Mark Leman