logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bob Robinson  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2023 1:35:08 AM(UTC)
Bob Robinson

Groups: Registered
United States

Application:
we use a number of timers with and w/o triggers in our production, and because of the great number of inputs required for a production,
we frequently have to minimize inputs to efficiently control the production.

We have color coded our Inputs/Timers with a bright red color, but it is very difficult to locate any of the timers when the inputs are minimized
(since current color coding is only applied to the setting/gear icon - which is only visible when the input is maximized.)

I can see great value to extend the input color coding to the Input Header; BOTH Number and Name - regardless of whether it is minimized or not.

Thanks!

Bob Robinson
Family Worship Center
Centennial, CO
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2023 2:01:06 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bob Robinson Go to Quoted Post
Application:
we use a number of timers with and w/o triggers in our production, and because of the great number of inputs required for a production,
we frequently have to minimize inputs to efficiently control the production.

We have color coded our Inputs/Timers with a bright red color, but it is very difficult to locate any of the timers when the inputs are minimized
(since current color coding is only applied to the setting/gear icon - which is only visible when the input is maximized.)

I can see great value to extend the input color coding to the Input Header; BOTH Number and Name - regardless of whether it is minimized or not.

Thanks!

Bob Robinson
Family Worship Center
Centennial, CO

Put the inputs in Categories ( your colorcoding ) and select a category (manual or shortcut) for only categorized Inputs to be visisble (per color)
Bob Robinson  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2023 4:04:01 AM(UTC)
Bob Robinson

United States

As I mentioned earlier, we have done this. The color coding does not show when the input is minimized, right click.

It would be very helpful for the color to be visible, even for minimized inputs.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2023 4:23:44 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bob Robinson Go to Quoted Post
As I mentioned earlier, we have done this. The color coding does not show when the input is minimized, right click.

It would be very helpful for the color to be visible, even for minimized inputs.

You mentioned that you color coded them but not that you displayed only these colored inputs (by selecting the colored category) as such saving space showing only those inputs as not have to minimize them
Bob Robinson  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2023 11:09:28 AM(UTC)
Bob Robinson

United States

I don’t need to filter them, I need to be able to pick them out of 30 to 40 minimized inputs. Right now the color code is only available as a highlight over the settings/gear icon. It would be really nice if that same color could be applied to the input number.
Apologize for my failure to communicate. I thought it was pretty straightforward what I was requesting.
Production Department  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2023 6:58:12 AM(UTC)
Production Department

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1 The usefulness of this is quite clear. During production the ability to quickly identify aspects of your setup is crucial. Input, multiview or audio tab colors should be selectable by the user not UI hardcoded.