logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
haloflyer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 9:28:16 AM(UTC)
haloflyer

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey Folks, I've been trying to up my audio game for a while now and I've been running into limits with the way that vMix handles audio.
I'd like to suggest the addition of FX sends and returns (Pre-fader) that can be assignable to Audio Input/Output devices via ASIO or a Dante Via/Virtual Audio Cable workflow.

This would be super useful since it would allow me to keep the bus and fader automation from triggers, but allow me to handle VSTs and other audio signal chain routing in more robust audio workflows while still splitting each channel or bus to their own separate audio path.

I do see you can do NDI audio sends, but that workflow isn't really optimal for this sort of setup as opposed to a Dante workflow. Being able to assign and audio device to an audio input/bus would be a gamechanger.

TECHNICALLY you can already sort of do this in vMix but only with Audio Buses. By selecting an audio device for the bus you can send audio out via that, and then return it via and input. But this is a messy way to implement this, so a cleaner AUX/FX send/return system would be greatly appreciated to clean this up and make it less janky.

Hope other people agree this could be a useful implementation! Cheers
haloflyer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 9:48:16 AM(UTC)
haloflyer

Groups: Registered
United States

Wanted to bump this to also mention this would make using a Dante enabled digital mixer incredibly easy with vMix.