logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nsoutter  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2023 4:25:39 PM(UTC)
nsoutter

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello!

Recently switched from Mp4 to HEVC. This dramatically reduced CPU and GPU overhead, and the files are smaller which is nice. Render times dropped by about 25% which has been a HUGE help.

However some of the files (especially in lists) are behaving strangely.

If I have a list of HEVC video files and I change from one to another on the list (by hand, script, or auto play next) the video will not display. The sound is fine, but the video is black.

If I simply click manually on the file, it will suddenly appear and function normally (about 95% of the time). Just needs a single click AFTER it's already selected.

I have about 8 lists, and this bug affects all of them, so I need to manually re click and changed video files.

If I change video files on a list (without the second click), save vmix, close and restart it, all of the files Display correctly (till I change them again).

On rare occasion re-clicking the file does not work. In those instances saving and restarting usually does.

Not sure what causes it, but it's added a significant layer of complexity to production. I have to cherk every video in a list, and click it if it's blank. If I'm changing videos by script, I need to re-click them by hand as well.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Nick