logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LuMags  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2023 3:05:09 AM(UTC)
LuMags

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hello World,

After a few hiccups with OBS yesterday with it doing what I can only describe as "fainting" and losing the sound from my Atem controller - visual was fine & I had to restart OBS + break the stream for it to magically come back to life - I'm giving serious consideration to vMix.

One thing I saw at download was that vMix now supports remote PTZ of the Insta 360 Link and OBSBOT for example.

Does anyone have any experience with or links to PTZ hardware (not the mega thousand dollar PTZOptics stuff) that they've used in vMix please? I'm looking to use as many as 4 cameras, 2x PTZ 2x static in an Ice Hockey rink near me. Theres a massive sale of the OBSBOT 4K going rn so interested in that but only if it'll do what I;m after.

Would love your thoughts and recommendations please.

Cheers all!
Lu
LuMags  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2023 1:04:48 AM(UTC)
LuMags

United Kingdom

Replying to myself in the hope it'll help others. Just found this https://www.vmix.com/sof...ardware.aspx#ptz-cameras
mavik  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2023 2:06:41 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
I own an Obsbot Meet 4K and you can use it with ePTZ. You have 4K available and just set your project to be 1080 you can set the zoom to 2 and merge between different "angles" faking a PTZ, or simply ePTZ.
The Obsbot 4K Tiny is more in the UVC area and does PTZ based on AI automatically. At least that is the intention of the cam. I found it too slow, losing the object too often or not picking it up again. It worked for me more in a lecture situation (slowly movement) but def. nothing for sports. The other aspect of the Obsbots are to remove the background in camera, which they do very well. And again, nothing you want to have/need for sports.
If you have a non PTZ cam already you could look into the DJI Ronin direction. You can create a PTZ setup with it. -> Tilta has remote PTZ and Middlethings can connect as well. With the DJI video transmitter you can connect your mobile and use that as the controller by using the phone gyro to controll the gimbal. That is very quick. You may need to build custom phone holder to get better controll.
The cheapest PTZ might be Birddog P100.